CHAPTER 18

3 months later

Percy stood on top of the 50 foot poles again. He had one leg on the pole's top and one was bent to his side ready helping him balance.

The months since the little chat with Hermes Percy's training skyrocketed, difficulty wise.

The third step was him learning to use the Yau Kung Moon style in combat. Everyday he was set up with monks in the temple to help him train. They participated in an all out battle royal everyday and every time Percy always broke something.

Luckily there were good healers with the monks, that along with Apollo's gift and Percy's knowledge of herbal remedies from the druids the demigod was up on his feet in no time.

Usually there was only one match ever three day, most would rest and recover the three day, but not Percy. The very next day Percy was up and back into another battle royal. Every day he fought a different batch, and out of this came something that resembled friendship between Percy and the monks who he fought.

Many were still very of him, but they accepted him, especially if he was going to help them defeat the Yaoguai king that was coming.

Percy progressed quickly to the next stage. The fourth had him focus on changing his moments in his everyday life as well. Now along with the spares Percy was given many a chore in the tower.

Percy cleaned on whole floor every day before making dinner, and it just kept getting harder and harder.

Soon the next stage began. The fifth had Percy train with weapons and combining it with his shaolin. Each student picked their favorite weapon and would train with it. Percy obviously picked a sword and the training was easy, since Percy was a natural swordsman. Percy trained for only a week until he went ahead.

The sixth stage was Percy learning about herbs around the shaolin city they lived in. He went on many expeditions finding several different plants and herbs, and soon he mastered this as well, thanks to his previous known druid knowledge.

Percy then moved ahead again to the seventh stage, which he also finished in record time. The step was making the monks learn the scriptures and spells. they would have to learn only a few, and thanks to Percy's memory gift from Athena, he had memorized the entire thing. And since he did it in only one day was what made master Yong almost have a heart attack.

Then came the eight stage. This stage had Percy meditate to find his core. Percy had told master Yong about the gods inside him, and how Percy was unable to find his core without going through them first, and master Yong just smiled.

"Percy," he said, "no one, and I mean no one can take away or block you from who you truly are. Not one god, and certainly not 12. Now focus your mind."

Percy shrugged and got in position and went to the meditation hall. It was a hall in the very heart of the tower were the monks gathered to meditate, or in the younger recruits cases, sleep. Percy sat down in front of a statue of buddha and closed his eyes.

Percy focused. He looked inside himself, deep within himself. The scent of the room filled his nostrils, and Percy did his best to forget about it. The sound of breathing filled his head and it echoed inside. And the more and more Percy tried not to think about it, he couldn't. And so Percy's mind started filling itself with distractions. Hey what do you expect he was ADHD.

Percy thought of his journey, from him blasting Kronos with some lightning, till where he was now. Percy had made many mistake along the way, and many enemies as well. Nyx was the first, when she was sent back to tartarus Percy knew she would be back. Then Hector, who Percy wanted to kill more than anything. Just thinking about the werewolf made the scar on Percy's throat itch.