Chapter 4 ~Rachel

The Crisis Workers led us all outside. Me, Louis, Eleanor, Danielle, Liam, and Rachel laid down in the grass and looked up at the blue sky.

The white fluffy clouds were slowly rolling and a gentle breeze flew by. Ahhh, fresh air.

"Hey, that cloud looks like a fish!" I pointed out. Louis started laughing.

It wasn't just a short chuckle though, he just kept on laughing. Eventually Eleanor joined in and I hit Louis on his arm to make him stop. Eleanor stopped too and I asked "what's so funny?"

Louis looked at me quizzically and shrugged. 'Who was laughing?"

Geez, sometimes they just....I don't even know how to finish that sentence.

The other people around us were running about or rolling in the grass. Two people were playing peek-a-boo and the girl was scaring the crap out of the little boy when she said "Boo!"

Rachel stood up in a hurry and started running around. "Butterflies!" The delusional girl yelled excitedly.

"Rachel..." Danielle said, clenching the grass, "you're being annoying."

Rachel ignored Danielle's mean remark and kept on running in circles trying to fly. Eventually she ran to the fence and stopped.

"The butterflies went over the fence." She frowned. She didn't even hesitate before she started scaling the 8 foot metal fence.

"Rachel, stop!" I yelled getting up and running after her, but the Crisis Workers got to her first. They caried her to the building. I tried to pry her out of their hands but they pushed me aside. Soon she was out of sight.

"Rachel..." I whispered to myself, falling down to my knees and holding my head in my hands, "you idiot."

*~*~*~*

I went back to my room and waited.

No one came.

I skipped lunch waiting for her to come walking through that door.

No one came.

I stared at the clock wishing someone would tell me what happened to her.

No one came.

I ate an apple off my dinner tray and hope that she'd come.

No one came.

I slipped into my night clothes and laid in bed, knowing that no one will come.

*~*~*~*

The next morning I woke up to someone knocking on my door. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "Yes?"

A woman, a crisis worker walked in. "Melody Singer?"

"That's me."

"Good. I've been told to inform you that no one is available to be your roommate as of now, but as soon as there is we will inform you." She said. I nodded and she left.

It hit me like a bomb in the chest. So that confirms it, Rachels gone. I'm really sad now. Yes, my other roommates have come and gone, but me and Rach were really close. We told each other everything. A tear rolled down my cheek.

R. I. P. -Rachel Li

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My chapters are short....deal with it.

The reason behind my short chapters are that I need to have one main thing happen, not two or three. This event was not very long, so the chapter was short.

Trust me, there will be longer chapters in the future.

And sorry for the long wait. I've been writing this other story called "One Year Left", and it's gonna be pretty emotional. It's Nouis BTW :)

May I end this with a rap?

I MAKE GIRLS JELOUS AND I MAKE GUYS SQUEEL!

THAT'S A LIE I AIN'T GOT NO SEX APEAL

I DONT CARE IF YOU HATE ME GUYS ALREADY DONT DATE ME SO GO COMMENT, FOLLOW, AND DONT FORGET TO RATE ME

WOOOOOORD