Chapter 8 ~Out?

Later that night I sat on my bed, staring at Liam. He was reading some book that Dr.VanVliet most likely gave him. He gave me a book called "Facing Reality" and it was a load of crap. He turned the page and I saw the cover of it. He's reading the same thing.

"Bullshit, right?" I asked him, snapping his head up to me. Liam looked hesitant to answer but stuttered out "y-yeah" shyly.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked and he slightly nodded his head. "How do you know?"

"K-know what?"

"That you can see ghosts. That they are real." I sat criss cross and put my elbows on my knees, resting my head on my hands. Liam bookmarked his page and set it down next to him, turning towards me.

"E-ver since I could remember I've seen things other people can't see. It-it drove me crazy. I though I was looney, and my p-parents did as well, s-so they sent me here. But no matter what I did, n-no matter what the doctor did, they wouldn't for away..." He said looking at his lap. "I don't know if they are real or not, I-I can't know. All I know is that they won't go away."

"What do they say?" I questioned, glad he was opening up to me so freely. Liam grabbed the lining of his white shirt and fiddled with it in his fingers.

"Theres not much talking. They're quite scary actually. One of them I see every day, his name is Scott. He shows up at night in my room and just stares at me. Other times he'll cut himself in front of me, or randomly show up in the mirrors in the bathrooms. VanVliet says its my imagination, but why would I imaging such horrifying things?"

That sounds terrifying. Liam has it bad. Liam stopped playing with his shirt and looked at me. "What about you? How do you know they're real?"

My heart stopped for a split second. I was hopping he would ask that. I convinced myself I would avoid this question, but its kinda hard to now. Why am I doubting myself? Just because Liam came around with his imaginary ghosts doesn't mean that Niall is imaginary. We're different cases,

Right?

But, what evidence to I have to prove he's real other than what I see?

"I-I have to use that bathroom." I stuttered and ran out of that room. My bare feet felt cold against the ground as I walked.

"Niall..." I whispered under my breath. Two steps later he appeared in front of me.

"Hey Mel." He said smiling. "I missed you."

I continued walking to the bathroom and stopped in front of the door. "It's been two hours since I last saw you, how could you miss me already?"

"I don't know, you're just irresistible." He whispered the last part. I smiled to myself as I opened the door and leaned again a wall to the side of the mirrors.

"You aren't too shabby yourself." I said and he laughed.

We stared at each other, then a thought came to mind.

"Hey Ni, will you get me out of here?"

:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:

Ohhhhhhhh

Melody wants Niall to help her out of the Mad House.

But will their newly concocted plan work?

Will she get caught?

Will Melody face her biggest fear?

Stay tuned to find out :)

And 1K reads! thank you guys soooooooo much!!

Oh and please comment and vote for quicker updates! ...5 votes and 2 comments for a long next chapter?

Thanks babes :*