Chapter 7 ~Grace

"Yeah" he said, shrugging his shoulders. I soaked this information in for a minute.

Maybe...maybe that means he could see Niall too!

"TOAST!" I yelled me and Nialls code words for each other. "TOAST!!!"

Liam looked at me like I had three heads. "Do you want toast or something?" He asked.

"No" I said looking around for Niall. Suddenly he appeared by the door.

"I have been summoned." He stated in a monotone voice. I couldn't help but laugh at his tone. I looked expectantly at Liam. He still had the same look on his face; confusion.

"Can you see him?" I asked.

"See who?" He asked. I stood up and walked towards Ni.

"Him." I said once I was next to him. My finger pointed to the general area of his ghostly body.

"I don't see anything..." He continued, "is it a ghost?"

I nodded my head and my heart dropped a level. How can he not see Niall? He can see ghosts...right?

Maybe...

No. He's the one who is insane. He cant really see ghosts, I can. "Never mind." I said, opening the door behind me and walking out.

I went down the hall and heard someone whisper "eggs", then Niall appeared in front of me. "Where ya goin'?" He asked, his voice sounding somewhat angelic.

I sighed. When did I ever doubt myself? I don't like this topic...Im not insane. Uh, I need an excuse. Where am I going?

"Uh, can I just talk to you somewhere?" I asked. He looked around the empty hall and said "sure, where?"

"Obviously not here." I muttered. I could see a door to my left and walked to it.

"Here, in this supply closet." I announced opening the door. I walked in and closed the door behind me. Around me were countless bottles of chemical cleaners and rags. There was an old mop in the corner.

I decided sit down against the only empty wall to my left. "So what's up Mel, something's going on..."

"No, it's nothing really..." I tried to search for another topic.

"Can I ask you something?" I questioned.

"Sure." he replied sitting next to me. I stared at his translucent skin and suddenly noticed it was becoming more and more see through.

"Have you ever loved? Whats it like to love?"

Niall smiled at me and nodded his head. "Yeah actually...here I have. There was this girl named Grace, and she was an amazing person. So funny and outgoing...but she had schizophrenia. It was very severe, she would sometimes think I wasn't even a real person. Often she thought she could fly, so she even tried to one time. Luckily the Crisis Workers got to her in time. then one day, the doctors suddenly decided to give up. She was hopeless. I got in the mad house for maniac depression, and I got violent at some times. But as long as Grace was around, I forgot about the world. Once she was gone, my anger got worse. My depression got worse. The doctors couldn't do anything to save me, and I already planned on taking care of myself but they..." he got silent, unsure how to finish.

I felt tears prickling my eyes. It breaks my heart that Niall had to go through that.

Niall looked sad. Can ghosts cry? Maybe...

"Oh Niall..." I started, wishing I could hug him, "I'm so sorry."

He shook his head. "It's ok, I've gotten over it by now. 6 years is a lot of recovery time when your alone." He slightly laughed to himself.

"But...you do remind me of Grace." He added, staring at me. His eyes darted across my face, as if he was trying to remember every detail.

"Would you ever love again?" I whispered softly.

He waited for a couple seconds, before answering

"It's hard to love when one isn't there."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short, sappy, cheesy, crappy, I know.

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry that's really all I can say.

I have no excuse for not updating for a month.

Kill me.

Or comment which ever works *winks*

But yeah I don't deserve shit

Really sorry