Chapter 12

Kate's POV:
After the talk with Dumbledore about where the families will be living and meeting Mrs. Lupin and Mrs. Black I think about how hard it will be to leave my siblings. They mean so much to me and it's very hard to see my baby sister in so much pain. I haven't even left yet. But the meeting is finally finished and u till we can fix up the Black mansion they will be living at Potter palace.

I leave before everyone else stands up and race down the halls. When I stop running I am positioned in front of a blank wall. Before I have paced three times people come running. I see Fred and George Weasley leading the way. Now or never! I remind myself. "Hey Fred. Can I talk to you alone for a minute?" I ask after taking a deep breath. He nods happily and follows me to the other end of the hallway. "I'm very sorry but we have to end this. It wasn't supposed to be something in the first place but I am leaving soon and you can't be lead on like this." I mumble quickly.

By the look on his face he not only heard me but it sank in. "What?" He asks staring at me like I betrayed him. "It was a dare that I could manage to snag a boyfriend before going back to France." I explain. He stares at me for a moment before it turns into a glare. "Stay away from all of us. We want nothing to do with you and neither will your siblings when they find out that everything was just a game to you!" He growls before turning on his heel and stomping off.

When he reaches George and Lee, I watch as he explains what just happened. The other two boys turn and glare daggers at me and stalk off the way to the separate common rooms. I sigh before making my way to the owlery and grab a spare piece of parchment.

Dear Azkadellea,
I hope that this letter finds you well. But I will just cut to the chase, I did it. I managed to make a boy fall hopelessly in love with me and I have just broken his heart. It was quite interesting that he managed to not catch on to anything. But then again the Weasley's are known for being very stupid.

I mean honestly they must take medicine to be so moronic and dumb. I can't wait to get back to school and see you girls. Tell Darcy Gail that she owes me 40 galleons. You yourself owe me about 100. Now I have heard that we have a dance with the boys from Durmstrang soon and I intend to be home by then. My parents are somehow still alive and they don't suspect that their oldest daughter might not be who they think. It is quite funny. Please pass a note on to Vincent saying that he will always be first in my heart.

Lots of Love
Katherine Potter

I call down an owl and send off my letter. By the time I head back downstairs I have a very angry family and siblings friends that look ready to murder. "What the bloody hell is wrong with you?" Toby shouts at me. I glare at my older brother and pull out my wand inconspicuously. But apparently not inconspicuously enough because the next thing I k ow it is out of my fingers and in Athena's hand.

She glares at me and pockets my wand. She then whispers something to mother and father. As she is talking they look more and more angry. Mother motions for me to follow her and we walk to an abandoned hallway. "Your sister has told me that you don't intend on staying much longer. Well please go back to your other school and do what you have always done. You are not allowed home at this moment but from what I hear you don't care." She says before stalking off. I stare after her and head off to find my 'precious' little sister.

Athena's POV:
I am walking around outside alone even though I know that isn't the best idea. I don't pay much attention to my surroundings so I can't hear the person walking up behind me. The next thing I know is I am tumbling down the hill that leads to the cliff that stands above the lake. The drop is about 100 feet and very dangerous.

"Thea!" I hear screamed from behind me. As I go over the edge I grab onto the rocks holding on for dear life. I hear feet rushing towards me but I k ow it won't be fast enough. I scream in fright as my fingers give way and I start to fall. The people stopped right at the edge and tried to grab my outstretched arm but they miss.

'Use your powers. Think about the water and becoming a mermaid. It will save you.' A little voice says in the back of my head. I go with it and imaging the feel of the water as my arms push through it. I feel the change and flip in mid air so that I go diving in. The water feels like I am sliding through silk instead of getting soaked. I look back and see a silvery tail. There are green accents all around it with green fins. My top is now a one strap crop top. It is gold with read flame accents. It sounds weird but it actually looks really cool.

I swim around getting used to the feel of a tail before swimming to the shore. My friends and most of my family are just running up as I prop my arms up on some low rocks. "Oh thank Merlin you are alright!" My uncles say in unison. I glance at them before pulling myself completely out of the water. Everyone gasps in shock and I am thrown a towel. As I finish drying off I feel my tail split back into legs. I stand up and walk with my friends back to the school. Well they walk I am carried.