III.October Wonderland

Hi, guys! I just updated the cover to something I liked better. What do you guys think? Thank you so much for views and the stars.

October was probably the best month of her life so far - if you ignored the Dementors that kept trying to suck the life out of Harry Potter

The pumpkins that decorated the main hall and the Great Hall were huge! Most of them were even taller than The twins, and those two seemed to grow taller by the week.

Of course, they were straight from Hagrid's pumpkin patch and were supposedly not magically enhanced. She didn't know if she believed in that, but she'd let her doubt be good for Hagrid.

The enormous half-giant groundskeeper gone professor was probably one of her favourite teachers.

She had classes with him twice a week, and they were growing to be one of her favourite times of the week. Hagrid had really grown on her - partially because he resembled Madame Maxime so much, who was her former Headmistress.

Anyways, Claire was currently sitting outside the small cabin that Hagrid lived in. The chilly air had forced Claire to wrap a scarf so many times around her neck and lower face she looked positively squished.

"Claire! Aren't ye freezin' half to death?" Hagrid came wandering out from the forest right behind his hut. His great, towering frame and wild, bushy beard made quite the character. But for Claire, it was his eyes that made him special. He had eyes so dark, and they seemed black. Yet their warm nature of them shone like stars in the night. They glowed with happiness and trust - he was the best.

"I just thought I would get some studying done while observing the Thestrals

"I just thought I would get some studying done while observing the Thestrals." She nodded towards the black, winged skeleton-like horses who seemed to graze a few meters away.

Hagrid's eyes narrowed for a moment as he also looked towards the Thestrals.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" He said with an almost wistful smile. Claire nodded as she scribbled down a few words. She gazed up at them again.

She did not like to think about why she could see the Thestrals.

They were quite friendly, really. As she observed their weird, scaly forms, one of the bigger stallions looked up at her. He was a great big guy. He shook his head once, throwing it around, and Claire could envision him with a mane. "Aiden seems to like you." Hagrid laughed, his great booming chuckle not scaring the Thestrals at all. Claire looked over at him as he waved once and entered his hut.