XXII.Percy

Kindasorta a filler, but here is some Percy and Claire material

"What do you say, I should probably go with you tomorrow?" The lazy, lopsided smile gracing Bill's face was almost a staple piece by now. His arm was thrown over the back of the kitchen bench and his hair was so carelessly tousled - the effortless style was almost something to be mad about.
"Now - excuse me! I'm going with Claire tomorrow, we're.. going shopping, okay?" Percy had entered the kitchen, his arms laden with a heavy book and a bag of kneazle treats. Of course Máni came trotting behind him, his tail easily reaching Percy's hip. The oldest brother raised one eyebrow and Ron scoffed with laughter once, gaining a dangerous look from his pious brother.
"Shopping, Perce?" Bill grinned, earning the reddening cheeks of his brother. Percy sat down at the opposite side of the table, slamming his book 'gently' down. Claire could see his chest puffing up, the gears in Percy's head started turning and Claire didn't know if she should laugh or chide Bill for his answer.
"He's right, Bill. Percy promised to take me shopping for furniture - but you're more than welcome to join us for dinner?" Her eyes pleaded him not to start laughing.

Claire knew that she had to keep 'working' on Percy, mostly so that he wouldn't estrange himself from everyone and get too invested with work. Percy had been offered a ministry position if he got the grades for it, and Percy being Percy - he would get too full of himself and dive so deep into work that he would forget everything and everyone else.

And so it was that Percy and Claire had ended up roaming the streets and shops of Diagon Alley the very next day. As they entered the last last ship, laden with rugs and fluffy details - Claire could almost appreciate the meticulous plan that Percy had set up. As if it had been one of his infamous homework plans, he had made every stop chronological and everything had its purpose. First they had to look at paint, when that was decided they had to look at furniture, then bedsheets, the very last thing on the list was all the carpets, rugs and fluff.
Even though Percy and his plans were one of Claire's least favorite things, she could appreciate her best friend right now. If it hadn't been for him, she would have still been trying to piece everything together.
"I think that this will really suit the green tones - what do you think?" Percy held up a few yellow and mustard colored throw pillows. Claire cocked her head and gave it a few seconds to appease him. If she had learned one thing today, then it was that she could absolutely not try to not give it her all and full attention.
"I believe we are of the same mind, Perce." She put her hand thoughtfully to her mouth, nodding slowly. Percy lit up with a smile and put a few pillows in a basket.
Claire just kinda blocked out the rest of the shopping - it was almost too much to bear.

Claire counted all her blessings, as all of their shopping had been delivered to her new flat. It was situated on top of Madam Malkin's. Percy had made short work of the paint, his homely spell much better rehearsed than hers. Her flat was remarkably fast turned into a lush, yet small oasis of muted white walls, dark tree details and so many plants that she wondered how she was ever to keep any of them alive.

"Have you ever considered a career as a decorator, Perce?" Claire had found her official spot in the sofa, Máni lay curled up in front of the unlit fireplace

Percy sat down in the chair adjacent to the fireplace, his leg propped up on the other knee.
"Never make your hobby a job, Claire - it will surely kill the joy of it." He flashed one of his rare smiles, his whole demeanor relaxed into the green chair and he strangled a yawn.
"When did you become so.. deep?" Claire matched his yawn, pointed her wand at the fireplace and conjured a lush fire.
"There is no more charms class to be the best at, I'm merely attempting to become a force to be reckoned with outside school too." He shrugged, "and put out that fire, we need to head down to Madame Malkins!"

"Percy, get that dress away from me!" Percy held up the most atrocious thing Claire had ever seen, mostly because it was too pink and frilly.
"Come on, Claire - or no, pink and orange do not go well together." As he bustled back to the clothing rack with the dress, her jaw dropped an inch or two.
"What do you mean with orange?" She had a sinking feeling, one that told her that something she had not agreed to was about to happen.
"I just mean - you are an honorary Weasley, we wouldn't want you to mismatch in any photos or anything.." her eyes narrowed at her friend as he approached her with a baby blue ensemble.
"Why are we dress shopping, - what are you not telling me?"
"I just want to play dress up, now put the damned blue dress on!" Percy shoved the dress into her arms, earning an astonished look.