XX.Future unspoken

Don't you worry - I'm not taking the loveydovey away ~

"We are going to get in trouble!" Her laughter was naught but a small shriek of fake worry, the glimmer of mischief and happiness glowing in her eyes as he held her hand, jogging down to the lakeside

"Worried, frenchie?" his words mocked the nickname his sibling so often used when they spoke of Claire.

"You would be too, if you still had McGonagall as your head of house!" They stopped, Claire chasing her breath a little as Bill encased her in his long arms. The sun glimmered lazily on the Great Lake, throwing a warm haze around the billowing green and blue landscape. Bill let her go, tugging her hand gently along. They settled at the base of a great, billowing tree. Bill pulled her down so that her back was to him, letting her relax back and close her eyes.

"As scary as professor McGonagall is - it scares me more to let this moment go to waste." He sighed gently, burying his nose in her hair. "It's a good thing that I've been working abroad, and a lot of that, or else I think I would've gone a bit mad." She could feel his mouth twitch in a smile.

"Then it's also a good thing that Percy has had me buried in school work and homework schedules galore - I almost think he did it as a kindness!" Claire laughed, making Bill smile even wider.

Bill knew so much and so little about Claire Isobel Dubois - she was born 2nd of January, 1976. She had been born in France and attended Beaubaxtons, her house had been Bellefeuille. She spoke so many languages that it made his head hurt, her companion pet was the kneazle known as Màni, whom had it in for him. Claire was gold and light, a picture of kindness and sass. Her family had taken her in, immediately seeing her as a Weasley.
She had been betrothed to her cousin in Sweden, which had made her leave her family for good. Bill knew that Claire had an abusive family, without her ever saying it. He knew that she never had parents who told her they loved her, her brothers had left home as soon as possible - leaving Claire to fend for herself. He knew that home was a dark, cold place, he knew that even though she was happy that she had left her family, she had cried herself to sleep for a week.
Bill knew all of these beautiful, heartbreaking things about his girlfriend. He knew things that made her, things that left deep scars - things that made his heart flutter and shatter all at once.

"I think I love you, you know." His tone naught but a breath.

"I think I love you too, silly." She smiled, turning around and resting her cheek on his chest.

"Also - I might be transferring back to England." He grinned as she raised her head, her face blank with shock. She slapped his chest lightly, slight indignation on her face.

"You could have started with that information!"

"I can't believe you're leaving on Friday!" Ginny grumbled, her face was one big frown and Ron threw her a look

"Gin - you're also leaving on Friday. Hell, we're all leaving on Friday." He laughed and wiped a spot of mashed potatoes from his chin. Hermione threw him a disgusted look, not appreciating his lack of table manners.

"It's not the same, Ronald." Her older brother cringed at her use of his full name. "She's not coming back, she's done with school after this!" Her hands up in the air, she even caught the attention of the rest of the Weasleys'.

"You do make me feel like an used rag sometimes, little sister." Percy shrugged, smiling ever so slightly. He didn't take offense, somehow he had felt himself getting more and more relaxed with his own family this year. It could quite possibly have something to do with the appearance of his new best friend. He knew very well that he wasn't really best friend material, he was bossy. He kept making homework schedules and planning Claire's school life for her. He was used to her growling at him, throwing books on occasions - but she knew all the important things about his life. She knew who he liked, what made him cringe and the most important thing was that she made him feel at ease. Claire made Percy feel like it was okay to be him, he didn't have to pretend or feel bad about anything. Claire made Percy feel safe and happy - he would thank her to the end of his days for giving him this last year at Hogwarts. It was no way to know how bad things would've been if she hadn't shown up. He probably would've pretended to like Penelope, he would've been even more high strung and maybe his family would've given up on him?

"But she's my only sister!" Ginny exclaimed dramatically, making Claire smile.

"Don't you worry, Gin - I will show up for every talent show and every time you get sent to the headmasters office." She shrugged, making Ginny glare a little.

The summer holiday was sneaking upon them with alarming rate, it was as if the green grass and pleasant heat kept pushing the minutes, hours and days to slide by at an alarming rate. Claire didn't mind the fact that there would be no more school, what she did mind was the fact that she had to grow up and do responsible thing any day now.
It wasn't all bad though, she had been corresponding with a landlord in Diagon Alley and after sending the last letter this morning, she was officially renting a small flat in the middle of Diagon Alley. She sure hoped the walls were thick, that or she had to make sure to throw a muffling charm. The shopping area was usually bustling with noise around the clock, and Claire sure needed her peace and quiet.
The whole job prospect was still something she was unsure of, she had money in her bank account, which is why she could rent. Still, she had to wait for her exam papers to arrive, so that she would find out what jobs she could apply for and if she could get into a training program. Her mind was all scrambled, right now she did not know what she wanted to do - all she knew was that she needed all the Weasley help she could get.

 Her mind was all scrambled, right now she did not know what she wanted to do - all she knew was that she needed all the Weasley help she could get