V.I swear, they're trying to convert me

I hope you're having a fab christmas and a happy New Years - or just a fab December if you do not celebrate. In the spirit of Christmas, I wish to quote one of Ron Weasley's WISE quotes. "Why spiders? Why couldn't it be 'follow the butterflies'?".

And just like that, Claire wouldn't be alone for Christmas after all

She had, of course, demanded that they would ask their mother first.

"Seriously? She would love to have you over!" Said Fred.

"She already adores you." George snickered, earning a suspicious look.

"How does your mother even know about me?" Had they ratted her out already, the weirdo exchange student?

"Percy mentioned the new exchange student, and we've mentioned you." Fred grinned.

"Mom thinks you're a saint for putting up with Percy, so you're approved!"

And their mom had answered them by the next morning, all too happy to take on another kid this Christmas. Apparently the golden trio were staying at the castle this year, and Mrs Weasley would be suffering from empty nest syndrome if there were too few with her.

So therefore Claire had decided that she needed to buy a ridiculous amount of presents. Because hey, if someone decided to put a roof over your head and feed you all Christmas; they were getting presents.

And therefore Claire had picked up an order form for the presents. She was getting all of those Weasley's presents - with her stupid dad's money.

Of course Máni was invited much to Ron's pleasure. Apparently he did not like the Kneazle, whom also tried to kill his rat with his trusty sidekick; Crookshanks.

So that was it, wasn't it? She was basically getting kicked out of her own family, but the biggest family on campus was taking her in. It was kind of amazing in a fucked up way.

And life went on from that really. It did not pause and prolong into eternity as Percy seemed to yearn for it to do.

Poor Percy was more occupied with his studies than he'd ever been, dragging Claire down the hole with him. That meant the continuance of late night study sessions, and generally all around the clock study sessions.

Luckily Christmas break was in only a day, and then they would head over to the burrow - where Percy could not make her study with him. She would most definitely send the twins after him. Besides, she had plans for him.

"I do hope you'll refer from being a major pain in the arsé this Christmas." Claire said as her nose was firmly pointed down into her Herbology book, "Flesh-Eating Trees of the World". An ominous book that had saved her fingers on more occasions than she cared to admit. Herbology wasn't her strongest subject.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" The sarcasm dripping from his nasal voice.

"Because I want to enjoy the holiday with one of my best friends: without strangling him in front of his mum." Her smile was sweet, but still aimed down at a paragraph