X.May I snog your brother?

Life was pretty splendid really.

From where she sat perched on her borrowed broom she could feel the sun warming her cheeks and the cold winter air nipping roses into it. Around her the large makeshift Quiddich pitch seemed glossy, the tiny ice particles catching the splendid rays of sun. A world in white, but yet kinda like a rainbow.

Around her the others laughed while zooming around. The twins refusing to play fair had resulted in utter chaos, bludgers flying from one side to the other while the two of them tried to take each other down.

Claire sat still at her broom, by her trusty homemade goal. Even Percy sat down by the fence, gazing up at his siblings - with a book perched on his knee of course. It was splendid, truly.

The less than splendid - embarrassing really - was that everyone seemed to shoot her and Bill weird glances. Now and then. Not to be misunderstood, they weren't all too sure what was really going on and she preferred it that way. The only one who seemed all too in on everything was Charlie - he kept looking between her and Bill with this humongous grin on his face.

Damnit! It wasn't like they were sneaking around snogging, so why was she feeling so guilty. Maybe it had something to do with her suddenly taking an interest in the oldest brother of several of her friends. Should she ask the, for permission before she might attempt a snogging attack?

"Ey, look out!" Someone yelled as a rather shabby looking quaffle zoomed her way, almost hitting her square in the face. In a desperate attempt to save herself from a bloody nose, not even thinking to catch it, she spun around on her broom. And that was around. Upside down in fact.

Loosing all grip on her broom, she plummeted right down, hitting the ground with her back first. The air seemed to be pushed right out of her, her ribs not getting the memo that she was suddenly at a flat surface. They had instead decided to keep going down, forcing all remnants of air out of her lungs.

She didn't feel the soreness in her back, her pounding head and starry sight before a few seconds had passed and everyone stood around her. They looked worried, but she just smiled up at them with a dreamy sort of glazed look.

"At least I didn't fall on my bum." She giggled, heaving for her breath as her ribs stung sharply. Her eyes bulged, feeling like something was really wrong. "Help." She wheezed, Ginny bent down and prodded her abdomen.

"Someone better carry her." She sighed, not seeming too worried.

"You carry her, Bill. You better make up for that ball." Chuckled Charlie, who seemed all too amused with the situation.

Bill bent over her and grasped her behind her back and under her knees.

"Careful!" Claire objected, sending Bill a look that promised a painful death.

And man, that had hurt like a bitch. She was not ashamed that she had cursed like a sailor, sending Ginny into violent giggles. Yet she couldn't remember much as she was brought into the house and Mrs. Weasley had fixed what had to be a broken rib. They had made her drink something that had made her calm down so much that she dozed off on the couch, where she stayed for two hours sleeping.

As she came to again, her rib still pounding like a giant bitch. She just stared up at the ceiling. Her head also hurt quite a lot, had she fallen that far?

"I thought little French girls were supposed to not know that many swear words." A chuckle that was unmistakeable Bill came from right beside her, in one of the overly comfy stuffed chairs.

"Have you ever heard the phrase 'excuse my French''?" She positively growled, turning her head so that she could watch the scruffy lad. He wore his usual ensemble of a black t-shirt and this time black pants that seemed to be a little more ragged than Molly probably preferred.