Chapter 2

Valeria's p.o.v.

The thing I remember the clearest, was the headache I woke up with. And that wasn't pleasant at all. Not even close.

I tried to think, as my eyes were still closed. I tried to think of what I had been doing and what had happened that could have made my head hurt so badly. Because seriously, it hurt.

And as if I opened an imaginary box inside my head, I suddenly remembered what I had been doing and what had happened exactly. I shot up immediately, my hands flying to my head as it made the pain even worse.

"Fuck," I cursed, gritting my teeth as I opened my eyes again. All I then noticed, was that I was sitting on what seemed to be a duvet. But from what I remembered, I fell unconscious in the woods.

"Careful now," a soft voice said, my eyes moving up immediately. They met a pair of bright blue ones, the person having stepped closer to me as if to reassure me.

I immediately tried to scoot back, my back hitting the headboard of the bed I was apparently sitting on. My hands had left my head by now, keeping them close to my body as if it would help me defend myself if needed.

The blonde guy stepped back, carefully raising his hands as if to say it was all okay and he wasn't going to hurt me. Not that I trusted him, but I appreciated the effort.

"Take it easy. You're safe here, I won't try anything," he spoke, his voice low and caring. It surprised me a little, my heartbeat slowing down little by little.

"How are you feeling?" He then asked, sitting down on the chair beside him. I watched him for a bit, trying to figure him out. I couldn't make much of it, but he didn't seem like the bad-guy.

"I'm okay," I said softly, my voice a little hoarse. I looked away from him, suddenly feeling a little awkward looking into his bright blue eyes. They were beautiful, yes, but he was stranger and it was a little uncomfortable.

"Does your head hurt? I can get you an aspirin or something?" He asked, his eyes taking me in. I simply nodded, swallowing and then grimacing at my dry throat.

"I'll be right back," he then said, before leaving the room I was in. In the mean time, I decided to look around, taking in the room.

It was a normal sized room, the twin-sized bed taking up most of the space. To the left was a dresser, along with the chair I had previously mentioned. The walls of the room were a nice and soft brown to beige like colour, giving the room a calm feeling. The floor was carpet, seeming quite soft.

Lastly, there were two doors. One that seemed to lead to the rest of the house and one close to the bed. I wouldn't know what the second door leads to, as the door was closed, but I guessed a bathroom. There weren't many options for that one.

The guy soon returned, holding out a cup and some aspirins. He had approached me slowly, as if he was afraid I would flinch away again.

I took them gratefully, taking the aspirins and drinking the water. I hadn't noticed how thirsty I had been until I had had my first sip of water, the whole cup gone quite soon after.

"Can I, maybe, ask you some questions?" The blonde softly asked, looking at me. I thought about it, rather getting answers to my questions, but it seemed only fair to give him answers as well. I could always ask my questions after.