Chapter 5

"So, how did it go?"

Daniel sat down on the couch next to Ashton, who had just returned from grocery shopping with Calum. Calum was in the kitchen, putting the last bits away, while Ashton had taken it upon himself to wait for Daniel.

"From what I can see, it is indeed the soulmate-attraction. He's letting the attraction lead him and that in combination with his character, makes him somewhat dangerous. Not to mention, he could lash out and betray himself. And I don't think you're ready to let the girl know."

Ashton shook his head. "I'd rather keep it a secret."

"Exactly." Daniel shifted a little, looking back at Ashton. "I say try and snap him out of it. It'll be hard to get him away from her, but try. It's not good for any of you that he's like this. And if just words don't help, try and make him hunt."

Ashton nodded. "Good."

"I remember you being so love-struck. The cute lil' fella being so smitten." Daniel chuckled, making Ashton groan. Calum -who had finished the groceries and was listening from the kitchen- rose his eyebrows in curiosity. Now he thought of it, he remembered Daniel and Ashton knowing each other for quite a while.

"I was eighteen, Dan. I wasn't little."

"To me you were." Daniel smiled fondly. "It's fine. I'm going to take a breath of fresh air, you go see how Luke's doing or something."

"A check-up wouldn't hurt." Ashton mumbled, shrugging. Daniel nodded, chuckling again. "See you outside, little one."

"Shut up." Ashton groaned, quickly getting up and moving towards the one guest room, leaving a chuckling Daniel behind who got up as well, but left for the porch. Calum used his quietness and followed the man, watching him lean on the railing. He then moved beside him, taking him in with surprise as he didn't see Daniel jump up at his sudden presence. Maybe he wasn't quiet enough?

"I expected you to follow."

Calum stared at the man, his words sounding like those from a movie. Daniel turned to Calum and cracked a grin. "Something I've always wanted to say."

Calum rolled his eyes, but couldn't help but smile a little himself. In his eyes, Daniel had been some kind of God. From what he remembered from him and how the others always spoke about him, he had this flawless image of him. But now he was stood next to him, he realised that Daniel was just another werewolf. He just knew more about a lot of things, but next to that, he was just like them.

"Anyway. You've followed me, but why, may I ask?" Daniel raised an eyebrow, his eyes showing Calum curiosity. Again, something that made him just like the other guys.

"I just... realised you and Ashton have known each other for quite some time." Calum started, seeing Daniel nod in agreement. "And I'm just curious as to how you two met and all."

Daniel hummed, looking at the woods for a moment, before turning back to Calum. "Maybe the question is better to be asked to Ashton."

"Which question?"

The two people outside turned to the door, seeing a confused Ashton step outside. "Why me?"

Calum looked down a little guiltily. He felt like Ashton would be mad he asked Daniel first and really, he was kind of asking for Ashton's past. And who knew, maybe Ashton didn't want to share it.