Chapter 11

Calum walked down the stairs sleepily, rubbing at his eyes and yawning. He had never slept so well. Though, that was a slight lie. He had been sleeping pretty great ever since he and Michael kissed and talked everything out and, well, let their emotions on the run. The two had shared the bed every night, switching between the bedrooms. It had been a week of that, so he had slept like this for about a week now.

Yet, today was different from other days. Calum had woken up without a cute black haired boy beside him, either already looking at him, or still sleeping adorably. And it didn't worry him that much, if it weren't for the fact they'd talked about Michael's progress the night before. And by then Calum knew the black haired boy pretty well, meaning he was probably determined to make more progress again. And since the last time Michael did that he had gone out alone and gotten himself into trouble, Calum's guess was that the boy would try that again. And he feared that the boy was already out of bed because of just that.

"Morning." Ashton greeted the dark haired boy happily, unusually happy ever since the girl had found out about the boys being wolves. Or at least Luke and Calum being wolves, as she hadn't seen any prove Michael and/or Ashton were wolves yet. Still not a week later and Ashton was happy about that too.

Calum hummed in response, taking a look around the kitchen and frowning as he didn't spot the black haired boy he had been looking for. "Have you seen Michael?"

Ashton tilted his head at the Beta, confusion clear on his face. "What?"

"Have you seen Michael?" The Beta repeated, giving Ashton a weird look. The Alpha blinked a few times, his eyes narrowing right after. "Since when are you so obviously concerned about him?"

Calum sighed, rubbing his face in frustration. He knew Ashton would be confused and curious as the two hadn't told anyone about their new found interest in each other. Calum mostly just wanted to avoid Ashton's 'I told you so' like answer to it and he didn't want to seem gay. As in, the gay-gay. Which makes no sense if you're not Calum, because all he could think of when talking about liking a boy, was being weak and girly. Which Calum was not, but he was afraid if he told the other three in the pack about liking Michael a lot, they'd see him that way. And maybe even make him lose his title as Beta. It was all just stress to add to the moment.

"Just, please, tell me he hasn't left the house."

"Eh, I think he did. The kid doesn't tell me much, but I saw him in the kitchen early this morning, seeming to prepare to go out." Ashton bit his lip, seeming a bit disappointed. And Calum understood that it was because Michael was still closed off when it came to the rest of the pack. The only one he had let in once and shortly, had been Bryana. That before Calum had walked right into the boy's head and heart.

"He went out." Both boys turned to the doorway, seeing Bryana stand there, an eyebrow slightly raised. "Why is that a bad thing?"

Calum cursed quietly, running his hands through his hair. "Because, last time he went out alone he caught a bunny again and freaked out, again. He was lucky I was there to calm him, otherwise he might've passed out and for all we know would've died."

Ashton's eyes widened at the new story, his instincts immediately making him walk to the back door. "I'm going to find him."

"I'm coming along." Calum immediately told the Alpha, following him. Both exited the house and ran to the first line of trees, changing once in the shadows and running off while sniffing the air.

"He didn't go far." Ashton told the Beta, following the smell of their fellow pack-member.

"Ash... I'm afraid what you said is true, but in a whole other way." Calum whined sadly, making Ashton stop and turn around, looking at the black wolf. "What are you saying?"