Chapter 10

A day had passed and 'tense' was an understatement when talking about the atmosphere in the house.

Ashton was angry, angry the girl had found out and that Luke was being (or at least seemed to be) so indifferent about it. It made him glare at everyone but his girlfriend, because he knew he couldn't be mad at her. Unless she really did something wrong, but he doubted that. And after she told him about what had happened between her and Valeria after the revelation, he no doubt knew who to choose.

Luke was on his toes, avoiding Ashton at all costs and definitely avoiding him seeing him and Valeria together. He still went to the guest room, genuinely believing Valeria was scared of them and surprised by what had happened the day before. And so he wanted to soothe her, of course.

Then lastly Calum and Michael. Well, they had been kind of quiet. After Calum had kissed the youngest, they had gotten themselves lunch and stayed close to each other, cuddling a little and eventually having Michael fall asleep on the couch, on top of Calum. The Beta had almost coo-ed at how cute it was and had carefully placed the black haired boy in his own bed.

Once Michael had woken up that morning, doubt suddenly took over. What if Calum had just played with him and didn't like him like that or even at all? He would embarrass the boy in front of the pack and Michael would never live that down. But to his surprise, an arm went around his waist and pulled his body closer to another.

Though Michael's doubt didn't go away completely, he did turn around (pretending to be asleep) and cuddled closer to Calum. As long as he could have this, he would take it.

Michael almost fell asleep again, when Calum shifted a little. Afraid to open his eyes, he kept pretending to be sleeping, until he was sure Calum was asleep again. Or so he thought, really, because as he opened his eyes and looked up, his eyes widened at the sight. Calum was watching him, a soft smile on his face and his sleepy brown eyes happy. "Morning."

"U-uh, hi." Michael mumbled, getting a little flustered with the Beta's eyes on him. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Calum bit his lip at the soft words of the boy in front of him, before moving a hand up to play with the black hairs on his head. "You're beautiful."

And if Michael wasn't red before, he definitely was now. He groaned lightly, burying his face in the other's chest. Calum simply chuckled, keeping his hand in the boy's hair and still playing with the strands. "I can't lie."

"'M not a girl."

"So? Beautiful can be used for guys too. Or at least in your case. I think it's just a compliment, just like handsome would be." Calum shrugged a little, his hand still in the boys hair but no longer moving. "But if you rather have me say handsome, I will."

Michael blinked at the Beta, his eyes slightly wide as he took in every word. How the heck had he never seen this side of him before? Calum was so nice and different and nice and just... nice. It was wonderful, nothing less, but it was just really suspicious. Michael just couldn't help but suspect a trick.

"It's fine." Michael mumbled, averting his eyes. Calum sighed quietly, putting a finger beneath the boy's chin and lifting his face a little, hoping they'd make eye contact. "Michael, I mean it. And... And strangely I know what you might be thinking, but I'm not tricking you. I genuinely like and care for you and I may not have shown that in the past, but I will now. I'm going to- I'm already trying to make it up to you and I'll continue until it's okay again."