Chapter 23

When writing this chapter and writing about Valeria, I realised how much I see her as Rapunzel from Tangled... Just with shorter hair obviously, because she doesn't have metres long hair haha. But anyway, you're always free to imagine her how you like, it's just how I keep imagining her.

Also, this story is coming to an end! (Mostly because I'm out of ideas... *sighs*)

LASTLY: chapter 24, should I go for Malum or Valuke's date? (OR BOTH??)

Enjoy this (probably suck-ish) chapter! x  

Things have been pretty calm in the woods, even after the full moon. There were some questions, obviously, but none were asked just yet. After all, everyone was enjoying that it was finally somewhat calm.

Calum didn't worry about anything anymore, only Michael, but that was fine. Michael was open and honest with him, both having talked about the full moon and thus, the minimum worry for Calum. Which, honestly, was great for him. It caused him to sleep better -even if he had been sleeping somewhat better since he was with Michael anyway- and to be less snappy at times.

Michael was actually okay with everything. He was a little worried by how he had jumped Ashton so easily, but the talk with Calum had made him feel saver and better. He felt like all he had to worry about again was his progress and for some reason, it seemed easier. As long as he had his wolf-self under control, it was fine.

Ashton was simply looking over everything like always, keeping track of everyone and how they were doing, especially Michael and now Valeria too. After all, it wasn't nothing to have to adjust to this new life. He had, however, offered Valeria to stay permanently, knowing she could be a good addition to their pack. And, she was soulmates with Luke, he couldn't really kick her out anyway.

Bryana had it the easiest, not really having to do much more than before, though she did take it upon herself to help Valeria out a little. Luke did most, obviously, but some things he just couldn't understand and she could, because really, a woman sometimes just understood a girl or woman better than a guy.

Luke, like said, was mainly busy with Valeria, learning her all the ins and outs of the werewolf life and assuring her whenever she got worried about things. He was a good teacher, still a little clumsy at times, but helping her out greatly.

And Valeria, well, she was obviously trying to adjust. It was hard and she was clueless at times, but Luke was there every step of the way and she appreciated that immensely. Of course, it was also the soulmate thing, but still.

Talking about that, Valeria found it odd. It was as if she saw Luke in a whole new light, yet at the same time, he was the same he always was. He was calmer, at times, and not around her literally all the time, like before. She figured it was because she was a wolf now too and she could feel the obvious connection too. It probably calmed him to know his soulmate was safe and his. Even if they weren't together or anything.

"And really, that's about it. It sounds horrible, but once you get used to it..." Luke finished his story, shrugging lightly. Valeria nodded, having heard half of the story as she had mainly been focused on Luke. On the way he spoke, sometimes using his hands or doing something like scratching at his jaw or ruffling his hair. It felt like some kind of force was pulling her to admit to herself that she was liking Luke more than before and she knew it was the soulmate thing. That's what made her stubborn, honestly, because she knew she liked Luke, she had for a while, just more now. And she hated that it got influenced like that.

"Valeria, are you even paying attention?" Luke looked at the girl with a raised eyebrow, who returned the look with a sheepish one of herself. "Yes?"