Chapter 4

"It comes in waves, I close my eyes. Hold my breath and let it bury me."

"You listen to BMTH?"

Michael snapped his eyes towards the door opening, staring blankly at the dark haired male in it. "Yes."

Calum huffed. "No need to be snarky."

The younger boy pulled his legs up, hugging them close to his chest as he tried to focus on the music playing. He loved to just sit and do nothing but listen to music. Like he had been doing before Calum decided to invade his room and thoughts. Michael hated how Calum always managed to take over his thoughts with just the simplest things, like his presence. He didn't even get how.

"And now you close yourself off. Right." Calum grumbled, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes. The younger boy didn't respond, he simply closed his eyes. Maybe if he pretended he was alone, he'd actually end up being alone.

And as Michael opened his eyes, he couldn't help but feel relieved at his empty room and closed door.

"Bring me home again?"

At the same time, Luke was hanging around Valeria. Literally. No mistake in the words.

The blonde male had been following the girl around the house (even if she didn't move much, because really, she was in a stranger's house with a sprained ankle). He had kept her company and mostly just let the strange attraction lead him. Which was weird, because all he could think of was how he wanted to be close to her and make sure she was okay.

Valeria on the other side seemed to want to be alone, but she was too nice to say anything. At least, that's how Bryana saw it when she brought the two some requested lunch. The girl seemed very sweet and definitely had no bad intentions. Which was good, because they just didn't need anyone to bring negativity into this house at the moment.

"How is it going in there?" Bryana looked up from her own lunch, tilting her head to the side a little as she watched her soulmate approach her. She automatically smiled, shrugging a little as she continued with her lunch. "Luke is a bit crazy. The girl, however, is very sweet and she's definitely normal. Human, if anything."

"What do you mean with 'Luke is a bit crazy'?" Ashton questioned, seeming worried. He had already had a weird occurrence with Michael, he didn't need one with Luke as well. Because if all of his friends -brothers- were suddenly starting to behave weird, he wouldn't know what to do, really.

"He's having this weird attraction when it comes to the girl." Bryana said, raising an eyebrow lightly as she waited for Ashton to catch on. The curly haired male looked at her blankly, not seeming to understand. Until suddenly, "wait."

The woman waited, as said, staring at her boyfriend. It stayed silent for a moment, Ashton seeming to have a realisation. "Are they..."

Bryana still kept silent, raising both her eyebrows as she motioned her hand around a little in the hopes Ashton would continue on his own. Not that she wouldn't explain if he wouldn't, but it would make things easier if he understood it himself.

"Are you implying they're soulmates?" Ashton looked at her blankly again, his head spinning as he processed the new information while gathering everything he knew about that subject. Which wasn't all too hard, considering he had a soulmate as well and he had found her.