Smells Like Teen Spirit

Valerie wakes up to Elena waking into her room. "Elena, it's 5:15am why are you awake" Elena just ignored her groaning, "come on, we're going training with Alaric". Valerie perked up at the mentioned of this.

Elena and Valerie met up with alaric in the woods and there was just a mannequin. "So the pressure of your punch, ejects the stakes." He explained whilst punching the mannequin. "Easy enough" she threw a weak punch. "That's weird" she tried again but it didn't work. Valerie held in a laugh not wanting to be rude.

"It must be jammed or something" Valerie couldn't hold it in any longer and laughed. Elena glared at her. "Like you could do any better" Valerie smirked and moved herself in front of the mannequin. She threw her punch and successfully ejected the stakes.

Elena huffed. "You're not strong enough, you wanna start lifting some weights, get some meat on your bones." He stated whilst looking apologetic. "Thanks for not sugar coating it."

Valerie left whilst they had a heart to heart moment feeling bored and useless towards the conversation.

Before school Valerie had been informed of everything that had happened when she was compelled to sleep.

Valerie, Elena, Bonnie and Caroline are standing outside of the school. "Here we are, senior year" everyone could tell Caroline was relieved she made it here. "Does anyone else feel like this should feel slightly more empowering." Bonnie was still getting over the past events of the week.

"Okay so prank night was a bust, but we are excepting it and we are moving on." Caroline was in the mood to cheer everyone up today.

"You're right, I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghosts of his dead girlfriends ruin this experience". Valerie knew where this was heading. "Yes, and why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid dampen on this fabulous day"

"Today's our anniversary , technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school, last year" Bonnie looked over at Elena with pity. "Yeah, you win" we all sighed. "Are you sure you wanna be here sis?" Valerie asked her. "I have to be here, I have to put it behind me, new year, new life.

Bonnie and Caroline looked to each other in a reassurance glance after Elena and Valerie and whispered "yeah."

Valerie and Caroline were putting up posters for a bonfire tonight around school when Elena walks up to them. "You have to go! It's our first senior event for the whole year" Caroline confined Elena to go. "Relax Caroline, I'll be there" Elena reassured her. "Thank you, it's just tha-" Caroline was cut off by Tyler kissing her. "And that is my que to leave" Valerie walked off.

---

Valerie met Elena and Alaric in the history room. "What the hell is he doing here?" Valerie looked confused. "Who's here?" She didn't want anymore drama. Elena looked over to her, "I bumped into Stefan earlier" Valerie jumped from where she was sitting. "What?!"

"Klaus compelled him to watch over me, apparently, I'm one of klaus' assets now that my blood is the only way to create a hybrid." Elena looked down at the desk. "So now he's a bodyguard?" Alaric looked confused. "I Don't know what he is, but he's definitely not stefan." Valerie sighed, as soon as she thinks the dramas ending it comes right back again.

"Look, him being here isn't good for anyone we need to do something."

The Bell ringed signalling it was the start of class, people starting walking in and taking their seats. Stefan went to the seat next to Elena and told the boy to move. Valerie sighed, what happened to stefan?

"What about the vikings?" Oh great Valerie thought even more drama as rebekah walked through the door. Valerie was well aware that she was staying with the salvatores but had hoped she wasn't going to school. "Who are you?" Alaric was just as confused as everyone else. "My names Rebekah, I'm new and history is my favourite subject."

---

It was the bonfire and Damon, Elena, Alaric, Caroline and Valerie were planning on how to capture Stefan. "I'll lure stefan away from the bonfire, then when he's distracted" Elena had it all planned, "I'll shoot him" alaric finished for her.

"Can't Bonnie just joo joo him or something?" Valerie signed, "she's trying to keep Bonnie out of this." Damon rolled his eyes as Elena glared at him. "Caroline, are you covered?" she looked over at her as she spoke, "yes, I will make sure that the old forbes jail cell is prepped and ready."

"Your forgetting a key player here, rebekah, wherever stefan goes the blonde ponytail tends to follow" Valerie nodded agreeing with him. "Which is why it's your job to keep her away." Alaric thought this plan would fail if it included Damon distracting originals.

"How?, she's an original last time I checked we're out of daggers" Valerie knew what Elena was going to say and knew it wouldn't work. "so then preoccupy her with your charm" what charm? Alaric thought, "might have better luck finding the dagger" Valerie giggled at that "are you ever not going to be mad at me rick?" Rick shugged his shoulders "Doubtful"

"Sorry I'm late, what's going on?" Tyler entered the room, "We need you to raid your mum's vervain supply, enough to keep stefan down for a while" Tyler felt as if he had to tell Klaus about this, "you can't do that to stefan" Damon had an idea of why he is like this "and why not" Elena had confusion written all over her face.

"Trust me it's in his best interest" Caroline had noticed Tyler had been acting weird lately, "but it's not in klaus's" Damon got up and picked up a vervain dart from the desk. "but Klaus is the bad guy, Tyler, yeah why are you acting like some freaky hybrid slave man" Damon decided to speak up now "oh,oh"

Caroline threw an annoyed glance at him "Klaus made me who I am Caroline, I owe him everything" Tyler felt as if he owed Klaus everything, "oh boy" Caroline glared at Damon.

"Okay can we cool it on the commentary please" Caroline Turned to Tyler "what is going on?" Tyler tried to leave, "I'm just going to go" Damon walked towards Tyler and threw the vervain dart at him knocking him out,"what are you doing?" Caroline shouted, worried for her boyfriend

"He's been sired" no one had heard of sired before so shot Damon a look of confusion "sired, feels loyal to Klaus because Klaus blood created him" Elena asked "loyal how?" Damon looked worried, "seeking acceptance from his master, really rare, but maybe not so much in hybrids"

Caroline looked distraught. "So how do we fix him" she looked for help but only got a sarcastic line from Damon "get a new boyfriend."