New Orleans

"You're telling me, you hooked up with Klaus and now a mini Klaus is sitting in your tummy."

Valerie nodded at Damon. "God decided to bless me today." She spoke with sarcasm then continued. "Of all people the one time there's a loophole it's with me, and a baby."

Damon sighed, he had mixed feelings on this. He was angry but at the same time he wanted to meet the little one and maybe be an uncle to it.

Valerie looked like she was about to break and Damon realised. "Val it's okay, everything's going to be okay." He brought her in for a hug and Valerie happily excepted. "I-i I'm not old enough for this responsibility, w-what if-"

Damon pulled her out of the hug and put his hands on her shoulders. "No what ifs, okay. You are going to have this baby and be a great mum, do you hear me?" Valerie nodded as she sniffled, wiping her tears with the end of her sleeve.

"You seem really calm about this, I thought you'd be angry." He nodded in reason "eh, internal screaming."

Valerie chuckled lightly, feeling a little bit better. "Thanks Damon." Damon just nodded with soft eyes. "Have you told him yet?" She shook her head. "I tried but I'm just too nervous to, I mean he won't believe me so." Damon sighed. "You don't need him anyway, you've got us."

Valerie looked up and her lip trembled as tears threatened to fall. "Who even is 'us' anymore?"

Damon sighed in sympathy, he wasn't the greatest at giving advice and comforting people, especially about babies. "Don't think about that right now. Jeremy's probably looking down right now, thinking what have you gotten yourself into."

She nodded and laughed "Probably." Damon all of a sudden got up. "You've got a ball to go to right? We're gonna try to get your sisters humanity back." Valerie nodded. "I'm sorry about that." She said motioning to her break down he witnessed. "You have nothing to apologise for." She smiled at her friend, grateful.

--

"Where's the disco ball?"

Valerie was walking into the school hall with Damon and Stefan. "Caroline's been working on this for a while. It's a, ah, photo-yearbook of the senior class." They stop in front of one of the screens.

"Isn't that photo from, ah, the first day of freshman year?" Elena stops and stares at it - it's a picture of her and Matt smiling. "My mom took that when she dropped us off at school." Damon nods at Stefan behind Elena's back while she continues to stare at the photo. Slowly it fades into a different picture - Elena, Valerie and Jeremy, smiling. Valerie smiles at the memory. Elena starts removing her jacket.

"I'm gonna get a seizure if I keep staring at these screens." She walks off quickly. Inside, everyone is dancing. Matt and Bonnie are walking through the crowd together. "Why do I feel like we're at a practice run of Caroline's wedding?" Valerie laughed at this. Of course they were.

"Because I think we are."

Damon followed Elena into the crowd of dancing teens as Valerie sighed. "I don't think I'm going to make it through this night with her." Bonnie nodded in agreement. "Neither."

Valerie sighed as she walked towards the bar ready to get a drink but stopped half way, swearing at herself. She couldn't even drink now.

She turned around to walk back to Bonnie but when she turned around Elena blocked her way. "Hey Val." She had a sadistic smile on her face. "Uh what do you want Elena?" Elena's smile grew as she was annoying her. "I want to know why you aren't going to the bar now."

Valerie gulped and looked around for Damon or Stefan. "I just decided to not have a drink today." Elena smirked "wait, I've got it." She then looked down at her stomach. "So who'd you hook up with, I'm betting Klaus." Valerie scoffed. "You know for someone who Denys being like Katherine, you are acting just like her."

She walked around her and went to walk away but Elena grabbed her arm digging her nails into her skin. "If anyone tries anything tonight, then I guess you'll just have to pay for it." Valerie looked at Elena in disgust. "Look at you, threatening a pregnant girl, never knew you'd stoop this low."

She then yanked her arm away from her and walked away, successfully this time.

Valerie decided to get some air for a bit outside so she walked out of the school and stood near a tree. She was distracted by the thought of Elena and what she had said. She was so much like Katherine without her humanity, it made her sick.

Sighing drastically, Valerie decided to go back inside as it decided to become chilly outside.

Suddenly, out of nowhere an arm reaches out and puts a hand over her mouth and nose, making her inhale the toxic smell that was on the persons hands. Valerie passed out in the persons arms and they dragged her away.

So this is how I'm going to end this fanfic, I know Klalerie didn't happen as much as you guy probably wanted but it definitely will in the sequel, so go check it out!