For The Best

Valerie awoke in a different place to usual. She grew confused then replayed last night in her head.

She felt a strong arm around her waist and realised Klaus had broken her rule. She smiled slightly and let him get away with it.

Hearing her breathing, in a non creepy way, Klaus woke up as well. "Good morning, Love."

"You broke my rule, you didn't stay on your side." Klaus smirked "couldn't help myself."

Valerie removed his arm and got out of the bed. "Well, I've got School so I'm going to head off."

Klaus shot up from the bed "I'll drive you." Valerie raised her eyebrows at him. "I'm perfectly capable of getting to school by myself."

"Marcel could get to you, I'm not taking that chance." Valerie's eyes softened "fine but Elena's taking me home." He glared but agreed.

Valerie went to Rebekah's room and quickly got dressed. She met Klaus downstairs and he opened the door for her.

Valerie sat silently in the car as she looked out of the window. Klaus turned to look at her as he admired her. "Eyes to the road, Niklaus." He smirked "please call me Nik." "Isn't that a special name only special people are allowed to call you?" She smirked at him.

"Then you must be special then." She blushed lightly. "Well here we are bye Klaus." She rushed out, deciding she preferred Klaus. Klaus chuckled as he drove away.

Seeing Elena she walked over to her. Elena raised her eyebrows in suprise. "So... Klaus?" Valerie glared at her. "No, he thinks he's protecting me." "Protecting you?" Elena questioned.

"Some vampire that hates him is going after me because Klaus likes me or something." Elena nodded slowly, still confused.

"Is that why you weren't at home yesterday?" Elena wiggled her eyebrows "don't get any ideas Elena, I mean we may of kissed but that was it and I cut it short anyway an-" she was cut of by a shocked Caroline who had turned up out of the blue.

"You kissed Klaus!?" Valerie sighed "well technically he kissed me." Caroline rolled her eyes "did you kiss back?" She blushed slightly and nodded. "So you did kiss him." Valerie huffed. "Fine, I did, are you happy now?"

Caroline nodded, "I mean I would prefer someone else but if you're happy I'm happy."

---

Elena had ditched Valerie so she had to walk home by herself. Recently she had felt quite crowded, and it felt nice to have a moments silence to herself.

She was around the corner from her house when she heard a shuffle from behind the bushes.

She shrugged it off, thinking it was probably just a bird or something. At this moment she had completely forgotten about the vampire going after her. She sped up a little bit and ran up the steps, she grabbed her keys and began unlocking the door.

Someone grabbed her from behind as she dropped from the door that was now unlocked.

She was pushed onto the step hard, quickly knocking her out. The mystery person looked around checking no one was there and picked up Valerie and sped off.

Valerie woke up a couple hours later. She tried to stand up, feeling weak she fell straight back down as her arms were chained down.

Her eyes drooped open as she slowly looked around the room she was in.

"H-hello!" Her voice croaked from tiredness. She saw a flash and the door was being unlocked, a man stepped forward revealing a tall, dark man. "I'm guessing you're Marcel?"

He nodded then his eyes turned soft. "I'm sorry for kidnapping you, but I need some bait to get Klaus here and he seemed to have taken a liking to you."

Valerie scoffed "and where exactly is here?" Marcel answered "New Orleans." Valerie gasped "I've always wanted to come here." Marcel chuckled quietly "well, I'm sorry it had to be under these conditions."

Valerie then smiled at him "so if I'm just bait, wanna take off these chains?" Marcel shook his head "sorry but I can't take that risk." Valerie huffed. "Just when I was starting to like you." Marcel sighed "I'll let you go when Klaus gets here."

"You know Klaus will kill you as soon as he finds you." He nodded "trust me, I know what Klaus is like." Valerie looked up at him interested. "You seem like you knew him well." He nodded. "He was a father figure at one point in my life."

Valerie's eyes widened "Klaus? A father figure?" He laughed "seems weird doesn't it?" She nodded "definitely."

"So why are you pissed at him?" He sat closer to her. "He killed my witch Davina, not knowing if she would come back." Valerie sighed "sounds like Klaus."

Suddenly the sound of a door being slammed startled the both of them. Valerie's eyes widened "you need to leave, Marcel. He'll kill you and I know you mean good." He sighed.

"I can't get over what he did." Valerie begged him "please Marcel, no one needs to die." He then nodded but sighed "He's going to kill me anyway now." Valerie smiled at him. "No he won't, I'll stop him, now release me and I'll go to him."

Marcel looked thoughtful for a moment until he nodded and untied her chains. "Thank you." She nodded "don't thank me yet, now go." He smiled at her then sped off.

Valerie got up and went to walk out when she saw Klaus run in. "Where he is?!" Valerie sighed "he's gone Klaus."

"What do you mean he's gone?" Valerie looked down. "I convinced him to rethink and leave."

Klaus glared at her "why would you do that!" Valerie sighed and began to walk past him "because he meant good, and I didn't want him to die."

Klaus shook his head at her "are you out of your mind? he tried to kill you." She shook her head "no he didn't, he just used me as bait."

"Why?" Valerie glared at him "you know perfectly well why." "You killed his witch!"

"She tried to kill me!" Valerie huffed out "you need to think before you do Klaus." Klaus frowned. "I'm going into town, I'm not letting you ruin the fact I'm in New Orleans."