Chapter One: Dipper's Provincal Life

~Dipper's POV~

It has been five years since Weirdmageddon and since Bill Cipher was defeated by the town of Gravity Falls. Five years since my sister and I decided to stay in Gravity Falls with our Grunkles Stan and Ford.

Everything's changed since Bill was defeated. The town of Gravity Falls was rebuilt and everyone was loving their peaceful everyday lives once again. Some have moved out of the town, however. Things had changed, for better and for worse. For example: Robbie and Wendy had gotten married.

However, Soos, Ford, and Stan hadn't changed at all. Soos was still crazy and childlike, but he was now married to Melody. Ford and Stan were still different and acted like twins, but their relationship was the same.

Mabel hadn't changed either. Mabel was still crazy and cooky, but she was now in love with Pacifica. However, she still hadn't told her yet.

As for me, Mason "Dipper" Pines, I was still the same boy when I was twelve: A bookworm, a nerd, a geek, and an awkward teenager. But I was the only one who wasn't in a relationship or living my normal life.

Anyway, today was now Monday and Mabel and I were busy working at the Mystery Shack. But it was now owned by Stan and Ford together. We were helping out by cleaning and rearranging all the materials. However, I was still reading my book, 'Beauty and the Beast.'

"Wow....... Amazing......... Oh, I didn't know that!" I mumbled to myself, turning the page of the book.

Mabel soon saw me and grinned, running over towards me and screaming, "BEAUTY AND THE BEAST!!!!!!!"

I jumped and dropped my book, groaning. "Mabel! I'm trying to read!"

She only giggled. "But bro! I'm bored and plus, I'm all finished."

I nodded and sat down on the counter. "Good. More time to read!"

She soon looked at my book. "Bro-bro, why are you reading Beauty and the Beast when we can watch it?"

I chuckled and sat my book down, knowing it'll take a long time to explain it to her. "Because this is the original version. Where it didn't have singing and dancing."

Mabel only pouted. "That doesn't sound like fun!"

I only rolled my eyes. "Mabel, reading is exactly fun. Hey, Grunkle Stan!" I called, spotting Stan walking into the room wearing his black suit, "Isn't reading fun?"

He blinked and rubbed his chin. "Hmmmm..... It all depends, Dipper. If you're reading magazines with hot chicks, then it's fun!"

I sighed and soon felt a hand on my shoulder. It was Ford, wearing his trench coat and glasses. "Don't listen to them, Dipper. Reading can be fun. It allows the mind to scatter and wonder into worlds far beyond our own."

I smiled softly. "Thanks, Grunkle Ford." I could always get good advice from Ford when no one else could understand.

"Oh! Grunkle Ford! How's my science project coming along?" Mabel asked, coming over to our second great uncle.

"It's going perfectly well, Mabel! You're going to win the Science Fair indeed!" Ford cheered.

"What did you make, little dudette?" Soos asked, coming out of the vending machine.

"I made a machine that makes any writing into pink glitter!" She cheered.

I chuckled and patted her back. "Mabel, you will definitely win. I'm sure of it." I actually meant it. If she put a lot of effort into it, that's all that mattered.

"Thanks, bro! I wanna see it!" She cheered, running towards to Ford's lab.

"Mabel, wait! It's dangerous down there!" He called, running after my twin sister.