Chapter Two

Mason's point of view

Making our way into the store, she greets each worker she sees with one of her priceless smiles. It bothers me that she is too friendly, I enjoy her being easy to relate to and talk to as those are the qualities in a leader but she is mine and some people take her kindness as flirting which only fuels gas to the fire that burns within. Though there is no one to blame nor nothing to be mad about, as she is the most kind girl I know, but also she has a backbone so people won't cross her, but if only she would put that to the forefront of her with those who walk over her. She always stands up for what she believes in, and she always takes in consideration of other feelings and opinions on controversial things but at the same time she is shy. Though pushing her her too far past her line can turn her into a beast.

Once when reading her diary, she explained how she would kidnap and kill this girl who was making her life a living hell, I knew she was having problems at school but she wouldn't tell me, in fear I would intervene and of course I did, as I had a short talk with the girl and in return she never messed with my mate again. She is short to anger and it always takes a build up of things to get her to that point of no return, but it goes hand in hand on how she copes with her feelings, by writing them down in a journal and then burning it every year on her birthday.

Though, her twisted plan was put in use when needed to take care of business with in the pack, it seemed to be more of a fantasy, a distant though of Grace as, she doesn't have a bone in her body that could hurt another living soul nor creature. Grace is my life and I love her. Ever since we were kids I knew she was my mate and I never let her go, when she moved schools I did, even though she was two grades below me I always kept a close eye on her. My beta, third in command, and other high ranking pack members had classes with her and they watched her for me.

Snap Snap

I was broken out of my trance, and focused on her, she had the grocery list in her hand and was pulling the cart while I leisurely walked behind her admiring her beautiful deep caramel skin, that was so soft to the touch, her lips that were the perfect thickness for kissing, her eyes that showed the world, but retains her pain in them, and her now long healthy hair she has after cutting it completely off and letting it grow back. Her short stature always makes me smile, as she is 5'3 by chance and but 6'3 by heart, but it suits her, as well as those delicious curves of her body that just makes me want to hold her and run my hands over her body, she sways her hips without even knowing, or maybe she does knows it and does it to tease me.

I walk up to her grab her hips bringing them back towards me and whisper into her ear huskily "If you keep swaying your hips like that I will have to cancel the party because I will have you in my bed for the next week, and by the end of that week I will just do it all over again" she blushes hard and stands in shock. She looks at me with wide eyes, i close my eyes in bliss, but soon after I open them with alert as her sweet arousal circulates the air around us, putting my inner being and myself on alert. Lowly growling I make sure that no male will come close to her when she aroused, this just gives me hope in telling her how much I love her, and not just as a friend.

Grace is so innocent, she told me she is waiting for that special someone to love and adore and give everything to. It pains me that she does not see that I'm the one who she needs to love and adore and give everything to. She is totally oblivious to the fact that I'm right in front of her. I hate it, no one knows the pain I have gone through with keeping such a secret. I can't sleep with her, I can't touch her like I want to, I can't stare at her, I can't kiss her... I can not do a lot of things and it destroys me. I know she feels something, even if she is human. She tries to hide her reactions from me just touching her hair, hugging her or even caressing her face, she tries to hide it but I see straight through the bull shit.

As we continue shopping, well more like her, we come across a poem that is on a canvas that she is begging me to get and indeed, like all other times, it is hard to say no to her. Once at the check out I roll my eyes in preparation of what was to come, knowing that she will be shocked when she sees the price of everything, I ignore her, take my card out, and pick everything up and move to the car. It's the same routine we do when we go to the store and spend over 200 bucks on shit.

I could get the servants to go shopping, but I don't want her to think I'm lazy and plus I enjoy going out with her, showing everyone who she really belongs to, even if most don't know the meaning of such relations.

"I still don't see where the money comes from" Grace says.

"Well I work, just like you, my dad just passed the business down to me"

Being the Alpha King has its perks, all of my pack members are required to go to college at least to see if anything calls out to them. Mostly all of them find something they like and get a career in it and succeed, but 20% of their income goes to me. Though, it is a large chunk, they get a house that is paid off for and I give anyone a car who needs/wants one.

Also Working as the CEO of an well known and used construction company, I receive a large income from there also. Most pack members own businesses big and small so we live pretty well and luxurious, we don't have to worry about money. I paid off Grace's medical school bill and the rest of college, and she didn't like that because she claims to be independent, but I love her and don't want to see her struggle.

Though she is far from struggling because she is one of the youngest doctors in the state of Texas. She is incredibly smart as this was her passion, she has certifications for a wide range of things, she works in the emergency room and if she needs to perform surgery she can. She does everything in the hospital and she still takes her time to get to know her patients well, because she interacts with them every chance she gets.

We got into my dark grey Acura NSX concept, and drove out the parking lot of Kroger. With having money came the luxury of life, but, Grace felt uncomfortable being in nice cars and flaunting money, she was always so reserved about such things, so I made a compromise in my choice of car for her. The car ride was silent which was out of the normal as she usually starts up a conversation with me.

"What's wrong Grace?"

"I was just thinking, sorry"

"Don't be sorry"

She says sorry after almost everything, and I try to make her stop because she shouldn't be sorry for everything, especially if it isn't her fault. I try to mold her into becoming a Luna without her knowing and so far it's working and she definitely has her mean streak so that will come in handy. She is way too nice to people and sometimes I have to force her to stop because some people take advantage of her.

"What's on your mind sweet heart" I say trying to probe to get into her thoughts. I lay a gentle hand on her thigh, in attempt to comfort her, something that seems to be so simple, but always means the world to I.

"I don't know, what you did in the store kind of made me nervous I guess"

I smirked at her and she playfully punched me and we started talking about what we needed to do when we get to my house. Grace lives in this small city in Texas, I live in a even smaller city outside of that. I have a temporary house there. Everyone lives on the piece of land we have further north in Oklahoma, but they understand my need to be close to my mate. I was decided it was okay to spread out across the North Texas area, along as the high ranking and warriors can make it back to the pack house in an hour running in wolf form.

We unload everything and start setting out everything and I give Grace everything she needs to start cooking for the party. She insisted on cooking, and I obliged because the girl can cook, and never mind the way she dances and sings in the kitchen while doing so.