Chapter Six

Mason's point of view

She ran off after apologizing and I had the biggest grin on my face I hadn't realized she walked off until I heard foot steps. Her words made me so happy, she had finally opened up to me, now it will be easier to tell her my feelings towards her, and now my animal half can stop being so impulsive and take what belongs to him, we can finally stop living so on edge. I can finally hold her and kiss her and do things I want with her.

"Grace" I yelled out to her but she didn't respond.

"Grace" I yelled again as she started running, I hoped she didn't think I was mad. During her confession she looked everywhere but my face when she was talking, dammit I should have grabbed and kissed her through all her rambling. She does that when she gets nervous.

Bang Bang Bang

"Open up Grace"

She locked the door, and my wolf was starting to get anxious. That side of me wanted to break the door and mark her her as mine but I know she needs time but she could at least speak to me, everything happening right now, emotions on high, it was not good for any of us at the moment.

Bang Bang Bang

"Open the damn door, I want to talk to you"

I growled at her, but only to instill fear, but being mad was apart of it as I hated her not talking to me. Once the shower turned on, it irritated me as she thought I would give up so easily. I would just wait until she finished taking her shower to bang some more. Though, I could use the master key, but then she would get pissed, and if she is naked I won't be able to control myself, for much longer.

30 minutes later

The shower turned off, and I was getting very aggravated at this treatment, I needed her attention, especially at a time like this where things are so close to us being what we are supposed to be.

Bang Bang Bang

"Open the fucking door Grace"

Seeing red was a sure sign that I needed to go for a run before I knock the door down and show her who she rightfully belongs to, I know I need to give her space, but after all these years of space, I don't want it anymore, I want her in every way possible to love. I can only sigh before I give her a couple of minutes before I leave. I don't want to say what I'm about to say to the door, I want to say it to her face and then give her a kiss and seal the bond that has been growing, so I continue banging and yelling

Another 30 minutes later

Furious. When I felt the urge to shift, I knew my wolf was pissed, I could feel his urge to mark and mate her and at that moment I knew it was time to go for a run. If I would do such a thing she would forgive me, in all honesty, but live in constant fear and never love me. I want to mark her when we are making love for the first time. I want to do it when I am deep inside of her after I broke her virginity and she has cum for the first time. Fuck I need to get out of here before I do something I'll regret.

I don't bother changing I just run out the house and shift in the backyard away from her window and I run and run and run. I have markers to tell me where I am and how far I have ran. I run until I feel half way tired then turn around.

By the time I stop to turn around it is 5:30 and I have ran six miles, I guess that will make it 12 on the way back. I could tell my wolf is more calm now.

Not letting the wolf side of one self take over takes a lot of self control. People need to know when their wolf is calm enough to not do something primal and could possibly hurt others. When they take complete control it is like being blacked out for that time being, not knowing what they may do or when they will give back control. I run harder on the way back because lust was an apparent thing when thinking on what she is going to wear tonight. I didn't want her to wear it because I knew I would have a problem with keeping myself contained, and I would have to kill if anyone even looked at her.

Once I reach home I go straight to Grace's room and see if she has unlocked the door, which she hasn't. I listen to see what she is doing, but it's too quiet and her breathing is irregular and fast, so she is up, maybe she is reading. I go get dress in my slacks and button down dress shirt with a tie.

My beta, James, text me saying he is outside with a couple of pack members. Most of everyone that is coming is a part of the pack is coming minus some kids that go to the local school.

"Hey Mason, where is Grace?"

"She is upstairs getting ready," I responded short, sweet, and simple.

It is now 7:00 and she still hasn't come down the stairs yet, I know she is in her room because I haven't heard the door open yet. I have been standing in the same spot since the party started because it gives me a good view of both stairs and the party. When I finally hear her coming I stand straighter waiting for her presence. And then it hits me, the beauty that shines bright with her smile, and that dress is making me work hard on not taking her back to my room and ripping it off her, but I have more control than what one may think. I hear someone whistle and call her name and say some sexual things about her to his friends.

As I mumble underneath my breathe some angry incoherent words. I walk towards him while she is having a small reunion with her friends. I was stopped by James, him giving me that look to calm down, they are human, he said through the link, warning me not to kill. I clenched my jaw at the thought of not seeing blood spill from his body. He let me go and I continued on my way.

I forwardly punched him in his face, he swung back, but missed by a few inches. I didn't hear the satisfying crack when I punched him the first time, so I punched him in the nose. When he fell over, I kicked him and straddled him and started choking him.

"If you ever speak like that about my girlfriend again I won't hesitate to kill you next time, go home and don't come back, do I make myself clear?" I asked calmly, which added to the effect of fear,

Kill Him Kill Him Kill Him.

I felt the urge to do but I couldn't not now anyways. I let him go and he stayed there hurt, until James did the pleasure of helping him off of my land.

I reached the house and went straight back to where I was, and did not see Grace. I could smell her fragrance of vanilla and sugar with a hint of cinnamon, but I could not see her. I followed the scent to the middle of the dance floor where I saw her grinding on her friends and dancing like there wasn't a care in the world. I like seeing her like that, happy, relax, and free. It makes me feel better. I was still jealous that her friends had the chance to get grinded on and not me but I have to remember she likes me, she confessed it. As I make my way towards her, people make a semi clear path, because they know I am trying to reach my mate. Once I do reach her, I grab her hips, bring her closer to me and start moving her hips with mine. I don't know how to dance but as long as I'm with her I can be content with life.