Chapter Twenty-Eight

Mason's point of view

I walked back from my run, it felt good to release that side of me, but once I walked into the hospital, everyone went quiet. Something was wrong.

I growled and ran up the stairs not worrying about the elevator as that would take too long. I reach the second flight when I realized I smelled her blood. A lot of it. Alex immediately took over and went to her room, the blood stains were everywhere. My mom was standing there in fear once she saw me.

"What happened," I yelled at her with pure rage.

"She stopped breathing after she lied down, then she was revived but started vomiting blood, then she went into seizures, causing her pelvis to break, her femoral artery busted." My mom said while shaking and looking where Grace use to be.

"Where is she? How did they block all of this from me? Why couldn't I smell her blood? Or sense her distress?" I asked mad at them for doing such things.

"They injected her with something. She is in surgery with your dad."

I gave her a snarl and left following Graces faint scent.

People knew not to tell me I wasn't allowed in some areas because then I would have to killed someone. Alex let me have control but was ready to kill on a millisecond notice.

I reached the operation room and went in after I washed my hands and put on the gear, I'm not stupid enough to put her in danger while angry.

"Well Grace, Mason is here to join us." The doctor said, speaking to her as if she was awake.

He was operating on her liver, but on the board it had a list of things to do.

Heart

Lungs

Liver

Brain

"What's wrong with her?" I growled at all of them.

"A couple of things came undone during her therapy," the doctor stated

"Mason, don't be mad," I heard Grace say.

I ran to her side. Why the hell is she awake, while having surgery? These doctors want me to kill them.

"I have to be awake, they are scared to put me under anesthesia because they don't want me to go into a long sleep again,"

I sighed, and let everything go for the moment. At this time I need to focus on her, and helping her.

"Damn it Grace,"

"What?"

I looked at her on the verge of destroying everything, I have put her through so much, she doesn't deserve it. I just brush my hand across her face and whisper a sorry to her.

She smiles at me, which causes me to relax.

"Don't be sorry for someone else's mistake." Damn using my words against me. I kiss her lips and the heart monitor beats faster, so I pull away.

Everyone in the room chuckles, including me, except Grace. I think she is embarrassed.

"I haven't kissed you in a while so it felt foreign and really good at the same time, it made me excited." Was her explanation.

"Mmm, baby I think that is a lie because when we used to kiss your heart rate always picked up." She looked at me with that 'How did you know' look.

"Werewolf-"

"Remember," She interrupted me, I laughed and kissed her nose.

"Alpha, we have to work on her head now." The doctor said, I moved to the side of her and watched them cut the hair line of her fore head.