Chapter 11

After the tea was ready, I poured them into some mugs and brought them upstairs to her room. When I opened her door, she wasn't in there but I could feel this cold wind coming from her parent's room. Walking in, I saw her leaning on the rails of the balcony.

"Hey careful, you're going to fall off if you're being like this," I ran over to her and stood her up straight."Let's go inside it's going to snow later and it'll be cold too."

"Let's stay and watch the first snow together," she smiled and tugged me down to the chairs on the balcony.

"But you'll catch a cold if you-," I tried to say.

"Then let's go grab some blankets and just sit so we can talk," she smiled again before going back inside into the room and dragged some blankets out."Go get the tea."

I should've brought her inside but I want to spend time with her. Even though she's drunk, it's better than nothing. It really is hanging with her being all mushy rather than her ignoring me and having her avoid me at all cost. Maybe I'll get to hear what she really has to say if we sit here. I came back with the tray of tea and biscuits and placed them on the table in front of the chairs.

"So why didn't you tell me," she said when we finally settled down.
I took a small sip of my tea before I decided to answer.
"It would've hurt you so much. I know that finding out now probably nearly destroyed you but you were just...I don't know," I said.
"I'm glad," she said and took a sip out of her cup.
I tilted my head to her direction to wait for what she had to say in addition.
"You know more. You seem more responsible and are more alert. You don't give up as easily when you have to do something. Look at us now," she smiled and wrapped herself even more snug within the blankets.

"I want to leave because I don't want to complicate things. She doesn't seem comfortable that I visit. I know she and Kai had something but this happened. I didn't see it coming although I should've. Little Tae has more to learn from this world and I think I'm interfering with all of this. He's trying to grip onto anything he can, even it's water. He's too young to learn like this so don't be like this.  Already a pity to have parents be like this but I know you guys might come around about this and think about him. You'll regret it once he comes of age to realise the way he's treated and realise what's been happening in his life. There is way more than what meets the eye. Young minds work much different between us and knowing he's your son, he has something more to be aware of.  I remember Kai and I used to be scared when our parents were like that but they always came around eventually. I believe that will happen with you guys. Your relationship is more than a book put back into a dusty shelf."

I watched her closely as she spoke. The pauses she took took to think about her words, the way she bit her lip after those words poured out, the way her eyes slightly dart towards me to catch a glimpse of my reaction. She wanted to say more but there's something she was afraid. Maybe it was her sober side telling her to not do it. It was amazing at even though the amount of alcohol she consumed, she was still able to say such beautiful things.

I just wanted to tell her I was sorry. Beyond more what I can express in any words or actions. There really was more that what met the eyes. I honestly did try to stop this from happening. Fame can change people but that wasn't why I did what I had to. Not only is she hurt from this but her brother too... I'm shocked how he manages to still treat me like a brother of his own after what I did. I'm the asshole here. Regardless if the world knew the truth, if she was to forgive me or was able to look at me with the eyes that I fell in love with, I'd be completely fine with it.

"Look it's snowing!" she said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

The snow crystals began to drop by slowly onto the balcony we were on. 

"I haven't had a peaceful moment like this in ages...It's beautiful," I saw her smile.

"Just like you," I whispered under my breath just loud enough for her to hear.

"Right back at you," she stole a quick peck on my cheek before snuggling back under the blanket and admiring the snow.

We spent what felt like hours of watching the snow. I realised it was going to get colder and there was a thin layer of snow already beginning to form and it didn't look like it was going to stop there.  Minhee was sound asleep by my side and all I wished was to stop time forever. Who knows when she'll come round to forgive me. Will I ever see a side to her like this ever again? Preserving this memory is all I have to give me a slight hope and and ever so small boost of happiness. The happiness that makes little butterflies appear within me and to keep it fluttering around to comfort me, not make me anxious and scared.

I decided to go back inside so I carefully stand up, picking her up as I stood, doing it ever so gently, not wanting to wake her up. Walking over to her room, I can't help but smile and just absorb how one could look so beautiful as they sleep. I tucked her in properly into bed and adjusted the blinds so the sun wouldn't wake her up tomorrow. After doing so, I was left standing beside the bed, watching her sleep, not knowing what I should do next. Should I stay by her side and just be near her? Do I go back with what I was doing? In the end I chose to let her be but decided to lower myself to give a little kiss. I wasn't sure if I was just imagining it but I could sense a little smile form as I stood up and walked out.

----

Hello after like who knows how many years of not updating haha. Not keeping promises on when I'll update next but I'll keep updating and not letting this flop so don't worry. Leave a vote and comment and share with ya cool friends!!