Cuddles and Coffee

Jackson pulled me into his chest as I groaned with despair. Let's face it. I was cuddling with Jackson freaking Avery. That boy has some serious body heat man!!

"Come on, baby girl. You gotta get moving," he encouraged, nuzzling my neck. I swatted him away then whined,"I don't wanna though." He rolled his green eyes then offered,"I'll make you coffee if you get up."

I peeped an eye open then asked, "Promise?" He nodded then answered, "Pinky promise. Wanna wear my shirt too?" I nodded and he pulled his shirt over my body then buttoned it before he slipped into his pants.

Jackson pulled me up into his chest and he opened the door just as Meredith's did, exposing Derek. My smile died away and I shook my head before I yanked Jackson downstairs where Izzie and George sat, drinking coffee.

"Give me five minutes and I'll be ready." I announced, snatching Izzie's cup of coffee of her hands, which she had no protests to. They nodded and watched behind me, which was probably Derek attempting to sneak out with being seen. I rolled my eyes then quickly changed into my outfit before allowing Jackson to kiss me.

"Don't be disappointed if I'm not still here when you get off. I have a job too." he murmured against my lips. I kissed him back before joining my fellow interns in the car.

"Doesn't he work at Seattle Grace?" George muttered quietly to me. I shook my head and replied,"Not anymore."

We arrived at the hospital, just as Cristina and Alex did. I didn't bother with chatting, I immediately rushed to the locker room to change where one other intern stood, slamming her locker door.

"Hey, you're the girl I ran into, right? In the stairwell I mean." I pointed out, leaning towards her. She flashed me a toothy grin and agreed, "I sure am. Payton Castle is the name and surgery is my game."

"Aviana Parker. Call me Avi. Nice to meet you." She nodded then declared, "Likewise, Sunshine. Aren't you Burke's favorite?" Her accent was thick, almost impossible to understand but somehow I managed to get what she was saying.

She was beautiful, just like the rest of the doctors in this goddamn hospital. She had hazel eyes and auburn hair that was up in pigtails.

"I love your eyes. Say, are you possibly related to someone named an Addison Shepherd? You look awfully familiar." she asked. The blood in my face sunk and I gulped before rushing out, "Nope. I don't even know who that is."

I let out a nervous laugh before rushing away like the coward I've been labeled as. Of course, I had to run into someone.

"Geez, take me out why don't ya, Ana?" Derek joked. I avoided his eyes then stated, "I'm really not in the mood, Shepherd." He sighed and said,"Look, Ana. I know we haven't been getting along since I got here, but I really think we should talk about this."

"And what exactly is this,Derek?" I demanded, stopping. He looked around then spotted a on call room and drug me inside.

"Look. You came here to get away from us and I came here to get here from Mark and Addison. So, in a way, we were running from the same thing. I just want us to be okay again. When you and me could still get along and you would just hit me for some random reason or because you just wanted to. I want things back to the way it used to be. Okay?"

"No." His eyes flew open and he demanded, "No? What do you mean, no?!"

"Simple. It's not happening, Jim Bob. Life is so much easier without all the crap you people put on me. You guys had me stressed so bad it had me pulling my hair out." I explained with a sigh. "I left Manhattan for a reason: to escape. I love you guys, I really do but sometimes I wanted to murder you people."