Cupcakes and Crickets

Unfortunately, Jackson was right and he was gone by the time I came home. In his place, was a note that read,"Aviana. Can't wait to see you again. I hate to say it, but unfortunately, it won't be soon. Its a terrible thought for both you and I but keep me in mind,Parker. Stay on the right track. I'm always here for you. Love - JA."

I tapped the note and headed to bed. When I woke up, the smell of chocolate cupcakes hit my senses and I rubbed my eyes before crawling out of bed. I grabbed clothes then started inside the bathroom for a shower, only to find Derek and Meredith standing in there, just staring at each other.

I slowly started backing out but Derek stopped me,"No, go ahead. We're done in here." They left and I quickly showered then changed, walking downstairs where Izzie was arguing with George about her cupcakes.

Muffled, George protested,"No, these are good. Martha Stewart would be proud. Aviana, try these." I snatched up a cupcake and peeled off the wrapper before I bit into the chocolatey goodness.

I moaned as it hit my taste buds then exclaimed, "You are a food goddess, Isobel Stevens!" She laughed but protested,"No, there's something missing and I am not calling my mother for help."

"I refuse to even come in contact with my mother, so I don't blame you there." I agreed, still munching on my cupcake. Derek and Meredith came downstairs and we offered them a cupcake, which they politely declined.

We all arrived at the hospital and was quickly assigned to our patients. I was with Bailey for the time being until Cristina rushed up and exclaimed, "Dr. Bailey, I want off the psychic case. I'll take whatever you got. Can I switch?"

Bailey shot me a disbelieving look which I shrugged at and she stated, "Ask nicely." Cristina shot me a look then looked back at our resident,"This is me asking nicely."

"I'll take the nut job's case. It's cool." I assured Bailey and Yang. Bailey turned to me then snapped,"I don't do switches."

"I'll do your postop notes for a month." Cristina offered. Bailey took the deal and I walked towards the psychic's room when I bumped into Alex. I hadn't faced him since after we slept together.

"Well hi there, Sunshine. Long time no see, since you're avoiding me casually." Alex joked, causing me to roll my eyes. Idiot.

"Look,Alex. I'm really not in the mood and I have to get going. I'm on the clock and I have to go find out what this guys deal is."

He nodded and walked away which confused me. No arguments? That's unlike Alex. But instead of stopping him, I walked to my patient's room and knocked softly then entered. I grabbed his chart and glanced over it. Patient's name is Duff, claims to have visions (There was a side note that read,I think he has seizures.), and everything else seemed normal.

I nodded once then stated,"Hi,Mr. Duff. My name is Dr. Parker and I'll be on your case. So I'm just gonna check some things out and try to get an idea on what's going on inside your noggin." He stared blankly at me and I cursed under my breath when I realized what was going on. I flickered a light in front of his eyes and they didn't dilate like they were supposed to, which worried me.

Mr. Duff finally blinked and a smirk grew across his face as he stated, "Never took you for being the secretive type,Dr. Parker." I gulped. Does he really know about my secret? No! my subconscious state screamed at me. You're a goddamn doctor, not a shrink. DON'T LET HIM INSIDE YOUR HEAD!!!! I rolled my eyes, trying to seem like it didn't throw me off (when in reality, it really did.) then I informed him,"I'm just gonna head to MRI, see if they know that we're coming."

I went to head out the door when he stopped me,"Tell your little blonde friend,Cricket, that her chocolate cupcakes are missing something." My jaw dropped open. Was he talking about Izzie?! I nodded then raced out the door in search for Izzie. Well, like normal. I ended up bumping into her.

"Whoa slow down there,Speedy Gonzales. What's wrong?" she asked, placing her hands on my shoulders. I huffed out a breath then stated,"The crazy dude just told me, quote, unquote,"Tell your little blonde friend Cricket that her chocolate cupcakes are missing something." Her jaw dropped open and she ordered, "That's not funny,Aviana. Don't mess with me."

"I'm serious! That's what he said!" I protested, waving my hands back towards the room. She frowned and walked inside his room, leaving me alone. I sighed and walked to MRI, telling them that we would be there in fifteen minutes tops. Unfortunately, my plan didn't go through.

"Sorry doc, MRI isn't open for another hour. But I'll page you when we have a spot open." the tech apologized and I sighed before I headed back towards Mr. Duff's room when Meredith stopped me.

"You said that you know Shepherd outside of the hospital. How well do you know? What can you tell me about him?" she demanded, causing me to sigh. Great. Derek wasn't telling Mere the full story, which means relationship problems, as known as play Twenty Questions with Aviana to Try and Get Answers From Her Since She Obviously Is Smarter Than The Average Person.

"Look. If there's one thing I hate in this world, it's being used for information on other people. So do me a favor and just leave me out of this mess. I've been here before and it didn't end pretty, obviously. Give him time,Mere, and he'll bloom into that summer rose you've been waiting to see all year." She nodded but didn't like my answer considering that she stormed away like a small child.

I walked back to Mr. Duff's room where Izzie leaned against the door,looking terribly pale. I rushed over then demanded,"Are you alright? You look like you're ready to fall over." She looked up and whimpered something to herself before she scurried away,causing my shoulders to sag in defeat. I entered the room then announced,"Mr. Duff, we'll be heading to MRI in about an hour."

He flashed me a wicked grin then stated,"No problem,Doc. As long as you don't mind me calling you Dr. Secrets." I rolled my eyes and spat,"Don't even think about it. I'm not in the mood for this crap anyways. I just want to go to sleep and not do anything for a month. But I can't because I'm a damn surgeon."

He went quiet and I exited the room, heading to the cafeteria where Izzie,Cristina,and Meredith sat, looking like they were ready to pass out. I plopped down into my seat then slammed my head on the table then mumbled,"Can I just call in already?" Cristina mumbled in response then tossed a soggy sandwich in my direction,causing me to let out an evil hiss at the smell and sight of it all.

George and Alex approached us then George asked,"If that's turkey, can I have some?" I nodded as Cristina then replied,"It's soggy." Alex shrugged then pointed out,"If it'll kill you, it'll solve everything." I shot Alex a dirty, yet tired look then snapped grumbly, "Shut your face hole."