Mark

Okay, before we begin this chapter, just know that I extended to where the babies are okay and about 34 weeks old. I have pushed back a few events of season two to make everything fall into the right place. Please be patient with me. But on the bright side, two updates, back to back!!! Yay!!!

Turns out,Derek's predication was spot on. By two weeks, I was done with all his stupid hoops that he called tests and I was back in the OR. I watched over my girls at least a half hour every few hours. In case everyone is wondering, I named my girls Miska Isabelle like we planned and Mariah Lynn. Yeah, I got inspiration from my nightmare that Alex suffocated me in.

"Hey,earth to Avi. Oi, are ya listening to me, you muppet?" Payton called, snapping her fingers at me. I glanced up and blinked blankly at her, causing her to sigh and mutter,"Okay, so you weren't listening to me. That's totally cool, dude. I'm down with that." I sighed and sat down then apologized,"I'm sorry, Payton, my head is in the clouds today."

She scoffed and demanded,"Just today? Avi, you've been like this for the last month." Last month... Yeah, that sounds about right. I shrugged and walked past her then stated, "I'm fine. So I'm a bit scatterbrained. What's the big deal?"

"If you're scatterbrained, Parker, then you can forget about your chances of scrubbing in on any surgeries today." Bailey ordered as she and the rest of our bunch arrived in front of us. My eyes widened then exclaimed, "Scatterbrained? What? Me, never, I'm never scatterbrained, Dr. Bailey." She nodded with a smirk then stated smugly, "That's exactly what I thought I heard you said. Let's go." We first walked to a room where a man who was a car sales person who was put on oxygen.

"So,Miranda, when do you think I'm gonna be able to be discharged?" Mr. Mackey asked, smiling at her. His wife smiled and stated, "Calm down, Shawnie. Give the woman a minute."

"Yes, Mr. Mackey, as soon as your wife signs the discharge papers and you promise me no more cigarettes! " Bailey declared, clearly trying to hide her smile.

He held up a hand then swore off cigarettes so Bailey directed his wife to the nurses station where she could ask for his discharge papers before we walked out of the room and our resident let us up to the NICU where my girls were laying now separately, currently staring up at the ceiling with wide eyes. I hurried over to them,slipping rubber gloves in the process before I heard Bailey ask for Meredith to present.

"Patients are Mariah and Miska Parker Montgomery, 34 weeks old, they were premature, Mariah needed a clot removal at 22 weeks, which was successful, and a heart valve reconstruction which will be done by Dr. Burke today." she informed us.

"And Miska's health? Karev." Bailey pushed, raising an eyebrow.

"Miska has weak lungs which is why we're keeping her for so long. Other than that, she has near to perfect health." he stated. Our resident turned to me and said, "Congrats, Parker, looks like after Mariah's surgery, they should be ready to go home."

"Not so fast. I'd like to keep Mariah for a little after the surgery to make sure her vitals stay stable." Burke stated, entering the room. I nodded and replied, "Okay, that's fine. Yeah, I totally get it." I was not being sarcastic. I got it. I'm a surgeon and when the doctor says the patient should stay for a little while after a surgery, they should probably stay after.

"Okay,good. O'Malley, be a doll, and prep Mariah for surgery. Yang, scrub in. You two are gonna be my interns for this that way if this baby dies, I have someone to hide behind for a little when Parker comes hunting us down." Burke joked, but then continued to tell Cristina and George to prep my baby.

"Hey,did you hear?" Izzie asked excitedly as Mere,Alex, Payton, Izzie, and I followed Bailey out of the room. I raised an eyebrow then asked,"No. What haven't I heard lately?"

"Well,don't feel bad, cause I haven't either. Spill the beans." Meredith stated. Payton remained silent and I could have sworn I saw guilt cross her expression but I ignored it and focused back on Izzie and her exciting news, whatever it turned out to be.

"There's a new plastic surgeon. He's like super hot." she exclaimed, clapping her hands. I raised an eyebrow. I know a few of those types... They never end well.

"Well, if the doctor isn't hot,then they're not Seattle Grace quality." I joked, nudging Payton. She looked up with wide eyes and nodded almost in a panic before she covered it up...  Almost,"Oh yeah, totally, they've gotta be hot."

Her voice was higher which showed she knew something that she wanted to hide. I raised an eyebrow slowly,asking a silent question but Bailey broke my gaze by clapping her hands at us.

"Let's go, we've got rounds to do." she ordered, hurrying towards our next patient. Finally, after five more patients, she let us sit down in the gallery and watch Mariah's surgery.

"Yang, O'Malley, wash up and meet us at the nurses station." I waited outside of the wash room for Cristina and George. Between you and me though, I was prolonging my work time. We walked to the nurses station to see everyone chattering excitingly, which kind of scared me. Was the new surgeon here already?

I turned the corner just as Derek, Addie, and the Chief walked down the stairs, and as we all joined together, I heard Cristina whisper to Meredith,"Holy shit, is that McSteamy?"

I frowned and went to turn on my heel to find out who the hell she was talking about when my sister gasped, "Mark?!" I whipped around and sure enough,there stood Mark freaking Sloan, the man who ruined my life.

"Annie? What the hell are you doing here? God, I've missed you!" he exclaimed, rushing towards me. So I did the only reasonable thing I could think of at the time...

I punched him in the face.