HAPPY PILLS

I didn’t sleep at all that night, so I redressed at about five am and walked down to the common room.

No one was here.

I’m still insanely lonely.

And I want cupcakes.

I sat there thinking about nothing important for a while, and then I had an idea that I should just go jump in the fire.

Why?

I don’t know.

I was about to go head-first into it, but a voice called out.

“Willow, what are you doing?”

I jerked my head back.

“Hi Harry,” I said slowly. “I was planning to jump into the fire and die.”

Harry looked at me uncertainly.

“Umm, that’s bad.”

“Really?” I said in mock surprise. “I thought it would be a good thing.”

“You’re a Lemon.” Harry said, glaring at me.

“Hey!”

“Well, you can’t spell lemon, without emo.”

“I’M NOT EMO! I’M JUST TRYING TO JUMP IN THE FIRE AND DIE!” I let my words sink in. “Yeah, that was pretty emo. What you up to?”

“I’m going to write a letter to Sirius to discourage him from coming back.” Harry admitted.

“That so won’t work.”

“I know, but it’s worth a shot.” Harry shrugged.

I read upside down as he wrote the letter.

Dear Sirius,

I reckon I just imagined my scar hurting, I was half asleep when I wrote to you last time. There’s no point coming back, everything’s fine here. Don’t worry about me, my head feels completely normal. 

Harry

 We then climbed out of the portrait hole, up through the silent castle, finally arriving at the Owlery, which was situated at the top of West Tower.  The Owlery was a circular stone room, rather cold and drafty, because none of the windows had glass in them. The floor was entirely covered in straw, owl droppings, and the regurgitated skeletons of mice and voles.

Hundreds upon hundreds of owls of every breed imaginable were nestled here on perches that rose right up to the top of the tower, nearly all of them asleep, though here and there a round amber eye glared at Harry.

I spotted Hedwig nestled between a barn owl and a tawny, and pointed her out to Harry who rushed over to her.

It took him a while to persuade her to wake up and then to look at him, as she kept shuffling around on her perch, showing him her tail. She was evidently still furious about his lack of gratitude the previous night. Luckily, I’m not that bitchy. Ahaha. I so am.

Fish.

In the end, it was Harry suggesting she might be too tired, and that perhaps he would ask Ron to borrow Pigwidgeon, that made her stick out her leg and allow him to tie the letter to it. 

“Just find him, all right?” Harry said, stroking her back as he carried her on his arm to one of the holes in the wall. “Before the dementors do.” 

She spread her wings and took off into the sunrise. We watched her fly out of sight and I could sense Harry’s uneasiness. So I hugged him.

“Thanks Wil.” He sighed, hugging me back.