Willows will be Willows

That evening, we partied up to the Owlery to get Pig and Harry send Sirius a letter telling him that we had managed to get past our Dragon safely. Note the use of ‘we’ and ‘our’. Bitch, I won that thing against the dragon.

Top marks mutha-shippas!

“Hermione, I swear too much. It’s bad.” I said as I swore in my head again.

“It is, you should stop.” She nodded.

“Eww, why would I do that?” I said in disgust.

“Why mention it then?”

“Because I’m bored, and I like complaining.”

“You’re such a-“ But Hermione never finished saying what I was, because Pig was so overexcited at the idea of a delivery he was flying around and around our heads, hooting relentlessly. Ron snatched him out of the air and held him still while Harry attached the letter to his leg. 

“There’s no way any of the other tasks are going to be that dangerous, how could they be?” Ron went on as he carried Piggy-wig to the window. “You know what? I reckon you could win this tournament, Harry, I’m serious.” 

And I snorted really loud, but managed to brush it off as a cough.

Harry didn’t appreciate it. Which made me happy.

Hermione leaned against the Owlery wall, folded her arms, and frowned at Ron. 

“Harry’s got a long way to go before he finishes this tournament,” she said seriously. “If that was the first task, I hate to think what’s coming next.” 

“Right little ray of sunshine, aren’t you?” said Ron. “You and Professor Trelawney should get together sometime.”  He threw Pigwidgeon out of the window.

We watched Pigwidgeon disappear into the darkness, and then Ron said, “Well, we’d better get downstairs for your surprise party, Harry - Fred and George should have nicked enough food from the kitchens by now.”

“Great surprise Ron.” I grinned.

“I must say Willow,” Ron smiled as we walked down to the common room. “I’ve missed your insanity.”

“What can I say Ronald. I’m flattered.” I said dramatically. But it was true.

I like compliments and stuff like that. I won’t accept them, ever, but they make me feel good.

He missed my insanity.

How sweet.

When we entered the common room it exploded...literally.

AHAHAAHA! No.

But It was Lee’s fireworks that he had set off, that made explosion look like kaboom.

English and I don’t get along.

DAAAVE.

And I ate stuff, because I’m Willow, and that’s what I do.

“I see you’re not dieting for winter.” Hermione smirked.

“Dieting?” I scoffed. “I’m trying to gain some winter weight!”

 “Blimey, this is heavy,” said Lee Jordan, picking up the golden egg, which Harry had left on a table, and weighing it in his hands. “Open it, Harry, go on! Let’s just see what’s inside it!” 

“He’s supposed to work out the clue on his own,” Hermione said swiftly. “It’s in the tournament rules…” 

“Yeah, go on, Harry, open it!” several people echoed.  Lee passed Harry the egg, and Harry dug his fingernails into the groove that ran all the way around it and prised it open.  It was hollow and completely empty - but the moment Harry opened it, the most horrible noise, a loud and screechy wailing, filled the room. The nearest thing to it I had ever heard was the ghost orchestra at Nearly Headless Nick’s deathday party, who had all been playing the musical saw.