THE FEST

A peon suddenly entered the class as he  announced to the students.
" Principle sir has requested the presence of Fab 5 , Nandini and Navya." he said.

The entire Fab 4, Nandini and Navya stood from their places as they took permission from the teacher and moved towards the door when their teacher stopped them.
" wait. Everyone toook my permission except Manik so he will not leave until he takes my permission." The teacher said in a stern voice.
" but i don't think i need to take any kind of permission. " Manik said facing him as he kept his hands inside his pockets.
" why? are you not one of the students. Or are you some sort of a VIP . " The teacher's voice was a little louder and angrier this time.
" no sir. I say this because you just mere seconds before,told me to move out of the class. I guess just like 2 minutes before. So that's what i am doing. Lets go guys princi must be waiting for us." Manik replied with a grin as they all exited the classroom.

Entering the principal's office, they greeted he old man as he removed his glasses and addressed them, 'ohh you guys came. A very good morning students. "
" i hope you are enjoying your new semester " He said.
"Yes sir" All of them chimed together.
" But it won't last for long. There is an important news for all of you. Musical fest is going to be held in our college 10 days from now and i want my best students to perform in it. " He informed them.
" Sir we would have surely done it even without you asking us to. " said Cabir.
" i know Cabir. But it's not any ordinary fest so i want you all to perform as a whole single and United group. I don't want a single male lead this time but of both gender. " the man explained.
" Sir you just relax. Me and mukt will lead like always. So no issues." Manik said as a matter of fact.
" No Manik. You and Nandini will lead this one. This fest ain't only about FAB 5. It is supposed to depict unity. " said the man shocking the students as Mukti and Manik had always been the vocal face of the band.
" Yes you all will combine to form one group which will be lead by Manik and Nandini as lead singers and the song and other things are upon your choices. " he explained it to them further.
" Sir you don't have to stress about it. we will give our best. " Assured Cabir.
" yes sir now the work is on fab 5. You dont have to worry at all. " Mukti said in complete confidence.
" So now you may leave but before you do that i need to tell you another thing. Soon a new band member will be joining you, preferably from today, specially from London. He's a tranfer student and will be practicing with you all. " The man with a final look dismissed them all.

Outside the Principal's office Cabir faced everyone as he said, " And here i was thinking it is a new semester and we'll enjoy."
" Cabir it's fine. " said Alya.
" Whatever you guys feel but one thing i am excited about is the new collab thing." Said Dhruv with a huge smile on his face.
"Oh yes.. So how are you both feeling about it? " Cabir asked both Navya and Nandini.
" I am very excited about it. " Navya replied trying to hide her huge grin.
" Agreed. Even I am also very excited this will be my first performance in this college. " Nandini said.
" Good our Nandini ma'am. I didn't ask for an essay. " Cabir joked.
" Guys jokes apart we won't decide anything like this i know so i have a solution. " Manik said.
" what? " everyone asked in unison.
" We'll discuss it at my place away from all this disturbance because we have less time and alot much practise to do. " He said.
" I agree. " Nodded Alya.
" Fine by me. " Said Dhruv.
" I think we are too. " Both cabir and Mukti gave a thumbs up.

Now everyone looked towards Nandini and Navya as the latter said, "We are in. "
" so we can leave now. Almost all our lectures are over. " Manik suggested

All of them went towards the parking lot when Mukti pulled Alya at a corner.
" Mukti! What happened? " Alya asked being caught offguard.
" How long do we have to do this? " asked Mukti.
" what do you mean? Manik said  this fest is after 10 days. " Replied a non chalant Alya.
"not this but with Cabir and Navya. I mean we know that they like each other so they should take a step ahead right. This is not highschool. " Mutki whispered to her.
" So fast. They just became friends. " Alya was surprised.
" i know but i am scared because Cabir genuinely likes her. " Mukti held her back a little away from the group.
" Mukti just relax and give them some time. To think upon their feelings. Ok now lets go" said Alya as she dragged the latter towards their car.
" But Alya i have to do something about this. I have to make them realize their feelings." Mukti mumbled to herself as they all left for Manik's mansion.

At malhotra mansion, they all seated themselves in Manik's bedroom as he asked them, "so guys you all get seated soo. What should we do now? "
" let's decide the song first. " suggested Alya.
" ok. So i think so we should perform on a song that explains friendship. " Manik said grabbing his notepad.
" But it's not friendship day. It has to be something different. " Nandini disagreed with them.
"yes i know that but this is fab 5's positive point. " Manik argued.
" it's not only fab 5 now, me and navya are also included. " Nandini replied back.
" so when did i say that you guys are not with us." Manik snapped back.
" guys relax" Cabir tried to calm them down.

After a lot of discussions and fights between Manik and Nandini, the song got selected
" guys we'll practice from tomorrow. I am tired. " Alya whined as she fell on the sofa.
" Agreed! So from tomorrow onwards we'll start our practise at sharp 9 a.m in the morning. " Manik informed them as everyone nodded in positive.
" I'll get something for us to drink " he said walking out of the room as Mukti followed him, " let me help you. "

Manik and Mukti soon got drinks for thier gang and soft drinks for the other two girl.
" Why isn't something happening? " Mukti said sipping on her drink when Nandini said, "Navya . My head is spinning. Its aching vey badly lets go home. "
" ok Nandini come i'll drop you." Navya said as Nandini got up to leave but slipped, luckily Manik saved her from falling. Nandini became half unconscious making Manik panic as he patted her cheek, "Nandini. Nandini get up."

" What's wrong with her? " asked a worried Navya.
"Navya relax i think we should take her to the bed and lay her down for a bit. " Cabir said as Manik nodded his head and took Nandini to his bed. Nandini woke up with her eyes helf open but still her head was spinning, " God why is everything around me spinning?? Manik why are all of you rotating. " she said holding her head between her palms.
" Nandini what happened? " Manik asked trying to keep her eyed open when Mukti spoke all of a sudden, "guys i'll tell you."

A few minutes back Mukti while getting everyone's drink mixed alcohol in Navya's drink as she thought of her plan.
' Now how will you run away from your feelings for Cabir Navya. " She smiled as she thought to herself.

" But why mukti? " Said an annoyed Cabir.
" because i know you both like each other and i want you two to be together. " Mukti defended herself.
" But-" before Cabir could retort back Manik stopped their argument as he said, "its ok. Stop arguing. "
" but nandini how did nandini have that drink? " asked Alya.
" i guess she must have got Navya's glass by mistake." Dhruv made an honest guess as Manik said, " Whatever happened just let it be. You guys go because we can't send Nandini home like this. She will be here until she is fine and Navya please tell her Amms that she'll stay at your place today too. "

"ok as you say." Navya replied even though she wasn't very happy with this idea. Everyone left the duo alone as Manik looked at a drunk Nandini again.

" Last time when she was drunk she irritated the hell out of me. I have no idea what she'll do now. Manik you are so gone today. Oh god Mukti why did you do this?" Manik thought as he face palmed himself