CONCERT PART 2

As soon as the female vocals timed itself, the aura around them got tensed, Mukti gave a look to Alya who was already setting her microphone well near her mouth, still pushing through the tunes of her keyboard. Even though she hadn't practised for it, she knew it well enough to make it through the show.

It was definitely now or never. No going back anymore.
____________________________________________

Before anyone could make a move, they heard the female vocals ringing somewhere through the crowd. It was the voice of a nightingale, their nightingale.

I just hope you're lying next to somebody
Who knows how to love you like me

The sound was phenomenal but so was her aura. The way she carried that bodysuit with the sheer nude jacket literally radiated her skin and every curve of her body. Manik hadn't realised up until now , how much he had been holding onto his breath as he heaved a sigh of relief and so did the others. The revenge thought long forgotten as they all focused on the main thing at the moment, their performance.

Every now and then I think you might want me to
Come show up at your door
But I'm just too afraid that I'll be wrong

The way she walked towards them through the narrow corridor, making straight eye-contact as if she owned the stage like nobody else, her huge image being flashed onto the screen behind them. You could see the happiness she portrayed to the others, how everyone wanted to get a glimpse of her, get touched by her. And in no time, she stood right there, directly in his face, inches apart before she turned to face the ground after giving him one final glance from the glint in her eyes.

NANDINI'S POV

Don't wanna know
If you're looking into her eyes
If she's holding onto you so tight
The way I did before

I have no idea what i am gonna do after this but i know one thing for sure. I want to laugh with you my man. I want to live in you and get lost in you only but I do know it's not going to be so easy . I can see the honesty in your eyes, i can see the love present in it but it isn't like before for me anymore. Love isn't like it used to be for me anymore.

Giving a side glance to the man i had given my heart to, i saw him smile right back at me. It shouldn't be so hard to move on again? Should it be?
My trance is broke  when i hear the crowd sing the song for me, making me overwhelmed that i drop my microphone giggling at the way they out-sang me at the moment, the lyrics aren't from me anymore. It's from them. And i realise that this is the moment i had been waiting for my whole life as i hear the crowd errupt in echoes of their own vocals while i just stand there with the others, admiring them.

"Fuck" i let out a loud astonished and overwhelmed growl by the end of the stanza, the laughter leaving my mouth, i can't belive i made it through, after everything.
The others are as surprised as me and i do understand how they're feeling. giving a final look to both Manik and Aryaman, i nod in affirmation before we end the song together.

We don't talk anymore (I overdosed)
Should've known your love was a game (oh)
Now I can't get you out of my brain (whoa)
Oh, it's such a shame That we don't talk anymore

AUTHOR'S POV

The song long over, the crowd and their enthusiasm not. All the performers, overwhelmed, overjoyed and literally radiating from happiness by the response they've gotten tonight. Cabir was the first one to initiate a hug that was displayed on the screen making the crowd go "aww" over thier friendship in admiration. Aryaman too couldn't stop admiring these group of 5 nincompoops that were actually supposed to be thrown out by him and not gladly hugged, sometime ago. Getting apart they faced the audience again bowing down only to realise in seconds that Nandini was gone again. As if she was a gust of wind.