EPILOGUE

Happy reading...
..............................................................................................

NANDINI

As I walk back to the area where I have always belonged, memories pass across my mind. Now all I want to do is flee back to my family, my love, and hide forever in his embrace with a pledge to never leave, never ever. This long flight from the airport to my house reminds me of what happened a year ago.

FLASHBACK

It was the day after the wedding that they returned for an important ceremony, the 'PAGPHERA,' which is a custom in which the girl returns to her family after her marriage for some pooja. We were all waiting for Mukti and Rajat when they arrived at the door hand in hand, while Granny welcomed them after offering aarti. I know Granny and I are from the groom's side, so how can we do this? It's because Mukti has no one save us and the Fabulous Five.

They were both welcomed inside with much teasing and fun. We were both drowning in our love and eye contact, as we often were, when Cabir's cough shattered our spell."Enough of that. They are the newlyweds, and look at you both behaving as if it were your wedding." Cabir pushed Manik forward, leading him to the others."It's because they're next in queue, Cabir." just to get smacked by Dhruv."Yes, yes." I've already contacted the priest to arrange a suitable day for them." Granny kissed my forehead before we sat down to talk and eat her delectable treats.In the midst of all of this, I observed something weird about Aryaman's behaviour; he wasn't acting like the original Aryaman, who was all chirpy and flirting, but rather he was pretty depressed and scared. The priest came before I could approach him and question him about his behaviour.The boys all touched his feet, while we girls only uttered a traditional namaskar to him before he blessed us."So, pandit ji, now I want a good wedding date from my grand daughter here." Granny took my hand in hers and forced me to sit next her, while Manik decided to hang out with the boys."Yes, let me see." When aryaman spoke out, the prist pulled his precious accessories from his bag and said, "before this, I want to tell you all something."

When he said those words, the anxious expression on his face informed me that things weren't going well, but what he said next enraged and disappointed me: "We can't have this wedding now." His words made me perplexed, upset, and enraged."Do you think you're insane?" "What are you saying?" I moved quickly across the room until I was directly in front of him."I'm sorry, but that's the truth." I just got a call that the company is losing a lot of money because we left all of our work in London. So we need to return as soon as possible, which means in two days," he informed us, dissatisfied."I'm not going anywhere right now." We also discussed it. We'll relocate everything here." I attempted to reason with the circumstance, well aware of how stupid my reasoning sounded." Nandini, I know we agreed, and certainly, we will change. However, the partners are currently suffering significant losses and may even sue us. Please try to understand that we need to go back and resolve things first." He tried to make me comprehend, but my attention was drawn back to the priest when I asked him, "Pandit ji, can you find a good date for us?"
 " Look, kid, we don't have a good date until a year from now based on your birth date." And the best date we have is February 14th, next year." And it was the last of my patience." Please, Pandit ji, look into it again." If he wanted me to, I could have begged him right now. Manik and I had already squandered enough time." I have a child. "I have meticulously calculated everything." His face was filled with pity, but I didn't want it." but- "

" Nandini. " So it's determined that your engagement will take place tomorrow, and your wedding will take place a year later, when you return from London." Granny drew me into a hug and I instantly melted. It was pointless to respond rationally in this situation."Congratulations, brother," Cabir said as he hugged Manik, his gaze fixed on me. I could tell we needed to discuss.