BACK TO WHERE I BELONG

A new morning and a fresh beginning for two individuals. It was as if the false mask was finally removed. They talked and they sorted out their differences. Realised that at this moment, they were better off as friends at first.

Nandini felt herself curnling in the warm embraces of her blanket until her alarm went off. Even though the collaboration was over, unfortunately for as businesswomen as her, it was never a days off. But unfortunately what she wasn't actually aware of was that apart from a working day with lack of sleep and refreshment, she was about to get a new hard blow in her life, but then again it still had sometime, right now, all she was supposed to do was to focus on how late she was.
Late, ofcourse, the 'oh so businesswomen' ended up snoozing her alarm again. The moment she realised her mishap, Nandini made a run to the bathroom door calculating how long she can take in the shower and how much infront of her wardrobe.

Half an hour later she jogged down the stairs, trying her level best to not trip and fall in those heels because a sprain or a fracture is definitely the last thing she'll be needing today.
"Good morning." her voice was chirpy rather than her usual mornings as she took her coffee mug from one of the house workers.
"Morning." the others greeted her with a soft smile.
"looks like someone slept well?"asked Aryaman who handed her a PB & J sandwich.
"Yes i did." she replied back with a big smile as she took her seat beside Manik, surprising the others present their while the latter wished her a 'good morning'.
"Having breakfast already. Looks like someone forgot to remember my existence." she teased him while munching on her food.
"Uh huh, no, it's because a sleeping beauty decided to extend her dreams a little longer and unfortunately i can't starve." he replied back with a grin as he helped himself with some pancakes.
"priorities." Nandini smirked a she poured a good amount of maple syrup on his plate, well aware how much he desprised if the sweetness got too much.
"Hey! You definitely slept way too well for my liking." he swatted her hand away pulling his plate closer to him.
"Yes and after a really long time." as they continued their chatter, full of teasings and laughter, the others beside them looked over in amusement, unsure of how to react in the sudden situation as they knew, Manik and Nandini, the two most unpredictable human beings, you might never know when you end up pushing yourself in a pit because of them.

"Looks like things got sorted last night." Aryamn hushed to the audience beside him.
"I guess so but i don't know, i am not so sure." Cabir answered with a twisted look.
"I am just happy that things are back to normal." Dhruv shrugged not caring about the other side of this sudden change.
"Same. Glad that this war is over." Mukti agreed with him too.
"Not sure if it was surely a war but whatever, atleast there's some peace now." Alya replied snapping a picture of the duo, busy in their own world.

"Ahem" Aryaman coughed in order to remind them of their surroundings before he asked Manik, "So when are you guys leaving?"
"After we're all done with the breakfast." came his reply as Nandini looked between him and Aryaman with a clueless face.
"Are you going on a london tour again? But i just gave you a really great one. Didn't i?" she said.
"No, no more tour for us. We've had enough of London for now. What we mean is that we're going back." Manik explained her in a proper manner.
"Duh i heard that but you can't get back to the hotel when we have a while freakin mansion here." she whined still not getting his point.
"Not our hotel Nandini, we're all going back home, where we actually belong." and now it all made sense. nandini almost choked on her coffee as Manik patted her back in support, "You alright?" he asked.
"Home? But isn't that too soon?" she asked.
"Nandini, our contract is over and we have an important meeting after this collaboration. Our manager requires us back for that. Moreover there's no reason for us to stay here." Manik said.
"I get it." came her monotonous reply as she got up from her place and turned to leave the room, "Nanz's breakfast?" asked Aryaman.
"I think i am done with it now." saying so she stormed off from the place, leaving everyone confused. They were right, both of these individuals were definitely unpredictable.
"I'll go check on her." sensing her fould mood, Manik excused himself from the others as he too made his way over to her room.