DOWN FOR SOME IGNORANCE

Nandini and aryaman walked out of the airport along with some bodyguards guarding around them as the airport authority took their luggages to the car that was sent by their cousin to pick them up. Unfortunately the wedding preperations had been a little harsh on his schedule which made it pretty difficult for him to pick them up by himself. Even though Nandini had assured him that they could book a cab but the guy was too rotective of her to even suggest that.

Coming back home felt like a breath of fresh air for Nandini, rather than an unnerving experience. She was somewhere nervous as well as anxious to step out into this old world of hers but fortunately up until now nothing triggering had happened.

Nandini's POV 

I can't belive this is the same place that once held one of my most happiest memories. Somewhere at the back of my mind i know it will not be any easier for me to behave as if i was completely fine but i think i've healed enough. I can't believe i let my experiences drive me away from this place. Was Manik at fault? Yes. Was he partly responsible for it? Yes. Remmeber the keyword being 'Partly' because honestly it was my own anxiety and unstable mental health that drove me to an extent that i had to leave my family and friends behind.
You know that moment when you just want to pack away your essential things or maybe even walk away with nothing in your hand to a new place, with a new identity where nobody cares who you are. You get to introduce yourself as a completely different person with whateve rpersonality you want them to believe about you.
So yes i did that. I chose myself and a whole new world to explore rather than begging people to fix me or my life. I wasn't gonna make it a 'Handy Manny show'.

It's been 2 years since me and Granny last saw each other. she understood where i was coming from. It was hard to take a step back for me meanwhile she wasn't ready to leave her precious home where she grew up, got married , raised her kid and then welcomed me. and ofcourse i was never going to ask her to choose. It wouldn't be fair. She has been well aware of everything that happened between me and Manik because after my parents, she has been my only best friend ( we'll not tell that to Aryaman ever). There was a time when i couldn't even think about living without her or any other family memeber even for a single day but now it's been an experience where i haven't even been anyway closer to them for the past two years.

That's the spot. Yes i still remember the place where it all started when both pf our cars collided with one another and that stupid eventful fight between us happened. The same riverfront  we once visited when he was dropping me back home after college and had ridiculous flavoured ice cream, that didn't even make any sense. I still remember his sparkling face in the dim light near the ocean as he looked beyond the darkness to the stars.

Author's pov

Nandini's thoughts came to a sudden halt when the car jerked a little before coming to a stop right infront of the main gate. Both of them stepped out of the car as her granny stood by the door with a happy tears processing, watching her grand-daughter after such a long time. Nandini's pace increased as she crashed into her arms while they both sobbed into delight. Whata a feeling it was to be with someone you've loved and admired your whole life.
"My little child." Granny stroked her little angel's head as she tried to reduce her sobs.
"I've missed you so much." Nandini's voice was crackling as she nuzzled closer into her Granny's arms.
No more words were spoken to express their feelings because there wasn't a need to. Granny saw Aryaman standing at a fair distance so she called him by a slight nod. The ever so strong guy, ran to her like a little kid as he engulfed her into a big bear hug, sandwiching Nandini between the two of them. He had missed her too. She was the only family to him for years now.
" How are you?" he asked her unable to form a proper sentence.
"I am fine because my kids are home." A mere simple sentence was enough to welcome him home.
"I wish i had never had to go." he said in a small whisper, loud enough for only her to hear. He didn't want Nandini to feel guilty about any of it.
" You had to. When you came back i went to manglore and when i came back you both had already left for London. And now i am meeting you after 2 long years." Granny pulled the kids inside the house as they all sat down in the living area.
"Granny we're sorry it happened so fast. And now we had to be back since i can't live without my girlfriend anymore." joked Aryaman.
" Naughty kid. You'll never change." 

Nandini looked around feeling with all the beauty of the decorations. she had long left everyone after meeting them as she looked around the house that was beautifully decorated with soo many flowers and lights when Granny called her name. Her sudden turn resulted into her bumping with someone as they both lost their balance and fell down on the floor but not alone. The slip brought back along the curtain that was being put up by the workers.