London

Chapter 2

*Baelfire*

The chill air gushed in the alleyway as I sat there. I wrapped the wool blanket closer to me.

'Can it get any colder.' I said in my head as the wind made me shiver. 'I hate London. Absolutely hate it. I wish I was back in Neverland with Solstice... She couldn't be dead. Pan wouldn't kill her, would he?' Shaking, I quickly wiped the tears away from my eyes. It hurt too much to think about the star. She wasn't here anymore, so I should just forget about her. But for some reason I couldn't. My heart would always be with her. No one will ever compare.

I leaned my head up against the stone wall and closed my eyes. The image of Solstice ran by my thoughts. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her hair, the way she talked, the way she walked, and even her radiant skin which showed her emotions.

It has been a month since Pan told me he killed Solstice for her heart. But even though time has past, I would never be able to get her out of my head.

I began to think of that day. My last day on Neverland...

*FLASHBACK*

". . .they're dead." Pan's words were like venom.

My eyes widened in disbelief. "You're lying." I clenched my fists, "you're lying. Where are they!?"

"Oh no, I'm not lying. It's true. I took both of their hearts. You know what they say, two are better than one." Pan smirked again, "all the proof you need is right here. You saw the hourglass. I had only hours left. But now, well now I have decades." Pan's face then darkened, "and there's nothing you can do to change that."

. . . . .

"Get off of me!" I shouted at the shadow, "leave me alone!!" But it didn't listen; it carried me away into the morning sun, away from my miseries, away from my burdens, and away from Neverland.

. . . . .

I struggled to get away from Pan's shadow, but its grip was firm. Tears stung my eyes; "NO!! Solstice!!" I tried to break free once more but to no avail.

After what felt like an hour, the shadow swooped down through the clouds and down to a city bathed in lights. Just by one glance I knew it was London.

After we were five feet above the ground, Pan's shadow suddenly dropped me. I yelped as I hit the pavement. I quickly got to my feet and spun around to find that the shadow was already gone.

"NO!!" I fell to my knees. Tears streaked down my cheeks. I looked up into the starry sky; "Solstice," I whispered, "If you're out there, I'll find you." I rose to my feet and shouted, "Do you hear me!? I will find you!!"

I snapped my eyes open to see that I was still in the alleyway. I sighed heavily as I looked around. It was dark and it smelled awful. But the chilly wind had finally died down. I laid my head back down and tried to go to sleep. Eventually the darkness swallowed me up and I fell into a deep slumber.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

That next day was like any other day. Rummaging through garbage cans to find food, stealing, and even begging. If Solstice could see me now, she'd be pretty disappointed.

I shoved my hands in my pockets as I walked down the street. No one looked at me. No one even cared I was there. Surprisingly, it didn't bother me. If they didn't want to acknowledge I'm here, then I don't need them.

When I started walking back to my alleyway, I thought I heard something behind me. I quickly turned around but nothing was there. I shrugged and continued to walk.