Remember Me

Chapter 7

*Solstice*

"Yes, Baelfire, I do." I put as much venom into my voice as possible. I hated him for everything he has done to me. Months I searched for him and now he's right in front of me. I waited for this moment for a long time and I was finally going to get my revenge.

"Kill him star." Cale's words sent a shiver down my spine. Yes he was dead but he still scared the hell out of me. He was dead but yet I could still see him. I wondered if Baelfire could see him too.

"Shut up." I hissed at Cale. I was too quiet for Baelfire to hear but he still looked majorly confused and hurt.

"Solstice, you're not right in the head. I did nothing to Shine of Dylan. I didn't bring Wendy to Neverland–hell I didn't even want her there!!"

"You're lying." I gritted my teeth. "I remember what you did! I remember how you crushed Shine's heart in your hands! I remember how Shine told me you did nothing to help save Dylan! I remember how you brought Wendy to Neverland when I still liked you just to make me jealous. I remember how you and Wendy kissed in front of me! How could you do that to me when you knew how much I liked you!? I loved you once."

Baelfire looked as if he'd been hit with a train. Millions of expressions dashed across his face. Sadness, panic, hatred, murderous, and so on.  But then he looked up at me with confusion and sadness stinging his eyes; "Sol," he began to walk closer to me as he spoke; "I didn't do any of those things. I never did anything to Shine or Dylan, I never brought Wendy here. I never kissed her either! Can't you see Pan has drugged you? He used magic on you to believe these crazy things!"

"Peter wouldn't do something like that!" I growled at him. I was getting impatient at this point. I really wanted to kill him right now.

"Sol," Baelfire's words turned compassionate as he walked closer to me. He was standing just a foot away; "believe me when I say I did nothing to harm you or anyone else."

"I don't believe you."

"Then go ask Pan!!" Baelfire exploded into a fit of anger. "Ask him to tell you the whole story! Ask him why you have that cuff on! Ask him why he needs the Truest Believer's heart!"

My eyes widened; "how'd you know he was planning to take a boy's heart?"

"Pan told me. He said he needed the Truest Believer's heart in order to live on in Neverland. But I don't think the boy has been born yet. By the way Pan talked it seemed as if it was going to be a long wait."

"He wouldn't do that though."

"Oh come on star." Cale snickered at me. "You know Baelfire must be lying."

"Shut up!" I yelled at Cale; but in reality it was just air I was screaming at.

"Who are you talking to?" Baelfire raised his eyebrow.

I sucked in a breath to calm my anger; "no one."

But then Baelfire's eye's darkened; "you're still hearing voices aren't you."

I snapped my head his way; "how'd you know about that!? Was it you who put Cale inside my head!? Was it you who tricked my eyes so I would see him?"

Baelfire furrowed his eyebrows; "You don't remember do you."

"Remember what!?"

"No one made you see anything. It wasn't any human's doing. Sol you had the Star Fever—you almost died. When you woke up from a coma you started hearing Cale and Shine's voice. You went insane to the point of wanting to kill yourself."

My eyes widened with horror; "that can't be. I would never— I wouldn't— you're lying!"

He shook his head; "no Solstice I'm not."

"Then explain this cuff!" I held up my wrist; "why do I have this on!? Who put it on!?"

"Pan put in on you when you were fighting each other. You tried to kill him but he ended up getting the upper hand. He probably kept it on you because he didn't want you to use magic any more. He knew how powerful your magic was so he had to eliminate it without killing you."

I shook my head and leaned up against the nearest wall; "this doesn't make any sense. How is this possible?"

"It's Pan. It's magic. The two don't go well together." Baelfire spat.

I looked up at him; "please help me. I-I don't understand. I don't remember. My past is a blur."

"Are you sure you want me to help you? You're not going to try and kill me or anything right?" Baelfire tried to crack a joke but I didn't find it humorous. Baelfire rolled his eyes; "right, no jokes. Sorry about that."

I shook my head, "whatever. Just help me."

Baelfire nodded; "there's only one way I know that might work. Do you want to try it?"

"What is it?" I asked skeptically.

"True loves kiss." Without waiting another moment, Baelfire swooped in for a kiss. His lips crashed into mine. They were warm and hungry. They were compassionate and completely loving. I never remembered having these moments with anyone.

I tried to resist his kiss but soon I couldn't take it any longer. I kissed him back with the same amount of passion.