Behind Closed Doors

Chapter 11

*Solstice*

"Cyrus!" I yelled at the tall boy who just punched Baelfire in the face. "What the hades was that!?"

"That's for everything you've put Solstice through you piece of—"

"Cyrus!" I abruptly cut him off. "Stop it.  Baelfire is no longer a threat."

Cyrus turned away from Bae and looked at me with a confused expression. "What do you mean? You've been hunting this guy for months. I've had to listen to you rant and rave of how much you wanted this guy dead. What's changed?"

"Me. I've changed. My perspective on all of this has changed. Cyrus, Baelfire is telling me the truth. He had nothing to do with Shine's murder. He had nothing to do with any of this."

Cyrus turned to study Baelfire's expression. After a long moment of intense silence, Cyrus let out a sigh. He turned back to me; "are you sure?"

I nodded. "I'm sure."

He unclenched his fists and let out another sigh, "okay, so what is the real story?"

Baelfire hesitated, but he then began to tell Cyrus of everything that happened on Neverland about how Pan ruined my life. It was rather interesting to hear it myself since I didn't recall most of the incidents.

After he was done explaining everything, Baelfire looked worn out. Bags were under his eyes as his eyelids began to drooped. His hair was ruffled and out of place while his expression was blank.

"Baelfire, you look awful." Cyrus made the same observation as I did.

Bae's eyes narrowed at the muscular boy, "oh really? I never would've guessed. I mean it's not like I was kidnapped and brought to a castle in the sky or anything. Nope. This is totally normal for me."

I couldn't help but smile. I shook my head; "come on, we'll continue this topic later. Let's get out of here. I'm tired of the smell of these dungeons."

After we made our way up the stairs and into the halls of the castle, Cyrus had to get back to his duties. He was a guard at the palace and needed to go back on watch.

I turned to Baelfire when Cyrus was out of earshot. "I'm sorry about him. He's very protective."

Bae shrugged his shoulders, "it's fine. He was only trying to help you." His nose suddenly scrunched up, "he tried to help you by beating me up?"

I let out a laugh, "yeah. Something like that."

"So, you really remember me trying to take your heart? You thought I was a monster." Bae's eyes became sad and distant as he looked down at me.

I bit my lip, "yes I do, but they never added up to me. When I heard you speak of Peter—I mean Pan, being the monster, I didn't want to believe you. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. I mean what would you gain by wanting my heart? Nothing. Pan would be the one who would gain from it."

Baelfire nodded at my words. "What's your next move?"

I stared at him intensely, "I need to get my memories back. I need to get my magic back. Then I need to stop Pan from killing a little boy."

Baelfire's eyes narrowed, "a little boy? You mean the Truest Believer?"

I nodded. "Yeah, that's right."

"We have some time. When Pan was about to cast me away from Neverland, he told me about the Truest Believer. By the way he was talking, I don't think the kid has been born yet."

I sighed in relief. "Good. I was worried. Okay, so first things first, how do I get my memories back?"

A small smile spread across his face. "I'm pretty sure I know how to fix that." He looked over to the door behind me; "what's behind that door?"

"My room."

Without waiting for me to say another word. He gently grabbed my hand and lead me through my bedroom door. White walls, crystals hanging from the ceiling, soft carpet, and a bed which felt like a cloud could all be found in my room.

Baelfire silently closed the door and looked over to me. "Can I try that kiss again?" He said sweetly.

I slowly nodded with a smile.

Baelfire came close to me and gently backed me up against the wall. His soft hands traveled up and down my arms. His touch made my skin tingle and my pulse skyrocket. His hands locked with mine as he leaned into me. His lips connected with mine in a passionate kiss.

When Baelfire pulled away, I slowly opened my eyes. He looked at me with a curious expression; "do you remember?"

I stared at him for a moment; "I don't feel any different."

Bae's face flashed with a million emotions a second. He let go of my hands as his breathing started quicken; his eyes showed panic. He put his hands to his face as he started to pace around my room. "Why didn't it work?" His voice was trembling and confused.

I hesitated before answering, my voice was shaking as I spoke; "is it possible that I don't love you anymore?"

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Archer*

My left arm stung as I gripped it to stop the bleeding which was caused by Ivan's blade. I hissed out my frustration. I hated these games.

Just after Ivan and I had that little disagreement, Pan decided to have some fun and play a game. Felix volunteered both Ivan and I for a duel. So here I am, bleeding from my arm. This day was not going well.

"Come on ya' worthless piece of dirt. Fight like your life depends on it." Ivan snickered as he swung his blade around in the air. "I'm beginning to think you're all bark and no bite."

Anger sparked down in my chest as I slowly stood up. I gripped my blade firmly as I took my stance.

Ivan darted forward, swinging his blade down upon me. I blocked it with effort. I wanted to cry out in pain from my wound but I wouldn't let myself do it. I had to stay strong, for me and for Wendy. She was the only one who I wanted to keep safe.

I swung for Ivan's legs but he dodged it quickly. He was extremely fast and an excellent swordsman. I, on the other hand, was more handy with a bow and arrow. Ivan had an unfair advantage and we all knew it.

The other Lost Boys all circled around us, making bets to see who would win. Most of them cheered for Ivan since they knew his level of skill, but the others who I've made friends with were cheering for me.

Our blades clashed with a sudden shriek. Metal on metal. Adrenaline pumped through me as we kept swinging at each other. We we're both tired and beginning to become sloppy in our attacks. But suddenly, with an unexpected burst of energy, Ivan swung his blade downwards and knocked me off balance. My sword clattered away as I lay there on the ground motionless.

Ivan pointed his blade to my neck with a smirk of victory. My breathing was heavy and sweat trickled down my neck. Pan told Ivan to stand down. Ivan lowered his blade and walked away from me. Most of the Lost Boys came over and congratulated him while leaving me behind in the dust.

I laid there glaring up at the sky. I was frustrated with myself for losing. I hated to lose, but I had to suck it up and be humble about it.

I slowly got to my feet and stared holes into Ivan's forehead. I really hated Ivan. I swallowed hard and turned away from him and walked into the forest, oblivious to the fact that someone was watching me.