Voices

Chapter 9

*Baelfire*

Noises. Shadows. Darkness. Murmurs. Nothing made sense in the black void I was trapped in. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, I couldn't even blink. My eyelids felt as if they

"Don't be stupid." I heard a far off voice in the midst of the hazy darkness. Pain stung my head as I tried to listen to what the voices were saying. I tried to open my eyes but my body wouldn't allow me. I attempted to move my arms but they were like rocks—heavy as iron. I tried my legs but they felt as if they'd been nailed to the floor. I tried again to move my body but nothing worked. My mind wouldn't make the connection to tell my muscles to move.

It was odd because I felt awake yet I was separate from reality. I was in utter darkness with no chance to escape.

"Has he woken up yet?" A different far off voice asked with authority.

I didn't understand what was happening. I remembered Solstice blowing up in my face and—dust?
I remembered Sol blowing dust in my face and then I suddenly end up in darkness. What did she do to me—?

As if one cue, I heard Sol's voice; it sounded as if she was talking underwater. "Is he awake yet?" She sounded annoyed and short tempered.

I remembered what she was like when she got mad and ended up using magic. Her skin would glow a bright blue along with her eyes; she never could control it properly because she never had the chance to. Pan offered to teach her but she never fully trusted him, which was definitely a good thing. Shine could've taught her if Pan hadn't ripped out her heart. My point is that Solstice hasn't gotten the chance to learn how to wield magic properly. To my knowledge of what Solstice told me back at Neverland, her and Shine were the only Blue Stars left. But since Shine is dead, it would make Sol the last surviving Blue Star. I wondered how it felt to be the last of your race. I wondered how Solstice was dealing with being the last Blue Star; but she probably hasn't given it much thought considering she's being hunting me down ever since she left Neverland.

Suddenly I heard a sharp creak in back of me. I tried to open my eyes again but I failed. My body still wouldn't cooperate.

"What shall we do with him?" A man's voice asked with caution. I was guessing it was a palace guard or a servant.

"Leave us." Sol ordered. Apparently the guard obeyed because I heard heavy footsteps leave the room. The door creaked shut and I assumed we were alone in the room.

"Hello Baelfire." Sol's voice was light but haunting. Something about her tone scared me. I panicked. What would she do to me?

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Solstice*

~ONE HOUR EARLIER~

I walked along the halls of my castle as I got back from London. The guards took Baelfire to a holding cell until he wakes up. When he does wake, I'll have my fun.

Except I was too tired to think much of anything besides sleep. I continued walking until I reached my chambers and opened the door to find my big bed waiting for me. I instantly shut the door and dove for the bed. Sleep instantly took over me.

Dreams came into my mind. Visions of some sort. Everything was blurry; nothing was clear. I could only hear voices. One sounded like mine, but the other I couldn't decipher.

"I love you." The mystery voice said.

"I love you too." My voice was full of happiness.