The Blonde Haired Boy

Chapter 20

*Solstice*

Darkness, a slight ticking sound, footsteps, the sound of wind, cries—suddenly my eyes snapped open. Sweat dripped down my chin as I realized I was laying on a soft king sized bed. Its red satin covers were draped over me. My eyes wondered to a bamboo dresser, an old oak wood table, and chairs which were scattered around the room. Something about the room looked familiar.

Just then the door swung open. My gaze shot to the figure standing in the threshold.

"Ah, you're up. Had enough beauty sleep I trust." Peter snickered goodheartedly.

Just then I remembered what happened last night. Peter and I were talking on Dead Man's Peak. We made a deal—if I would do whatever he said, he would remove my cuff. He took me to his hut; he said I'd be safe here—whatever that meant. My mind then wandered to Baelfire and Cyrus. Where were they? Were they still on the beach? They must be terribly worried.

My attention snapped back to Peter as I saw him come closer to the bedside. "Peter," I began hesitatingly; "where is Baelfire and Cyrus? I want to see them. They must be distraught. They don't know where I've gone."

"Don't worry Sol. I made sure they knew where you were." Peter said confidently as he slightly touched a lock of my hair.

"May I see them?"

Peter let out a small sigh. "I'm afraid not. You see, Baelfire wasn't happy when I took you. He'll take you away from me. Is that what you want?"

My eyes widened in surprise. "N-No! Of course not. But I'm just so confused. What Baelfire said about you putting the cuff on me, and that you sent me away. He was lying, just—"

"He wants you Sol. He wants to take you away."

"He isn't any harm though. He hasn't done anything to me. I don't want him to stay here if he's going to be miserable." I looked Peter in the eyes. "Take him away from Neverland. Bring him back to London if he so chooses."

Peter got up from the bed and gazed down at me. Silence filled the room until he finally spoke. "No." He said with a slight twitch of a smile. He turned on his heel and walked out the door before I could say anything else.

I sat there in shock. I don't ever remember him acting that way—but yet I couldn't remember much of anything. Taking it into my own hands, I got out of the bed, and stalked towards the door.

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

I walked through the once familiar forest of Neverland the next night. The inky darkness surrounded me with each footstep. The trees rustled in the wind as the light of Moon barely gave her light.

I wanted to find Baelfire; not even Peter was going to stop me. I needed to look Baelfire in the face and compare notes. Nothing made sense to me anymore. I'm being pulled back and forth, everyone coaxing me to believe their story. I'm being torn apart attempting to figure out the truth. Why must the truth be so hard to find?

"Having trouble are we?" A sudden shrill voice appeared.

I swirled around to find a bloodied blonde haired boy in from of me. The scar across this forehead, his once cold grey eyes were now bloodshot. The figment of my imagination would never leave me alone. Cale would haunt me for the rest of my days.

"And here I thought you were going to leave me be. Get out." I growled.

"And who's going to make me? We both know you're not a threat without magic. Plus, I'm in your head so you can't really get rid of me now can you." Cale snickered slightly. Even when he was dead he's always got something to say.

"You certainly kept quiet for a while. Don't tell me you're planning on giving me some peace." I shot back with the same amount of sass.

A wicked smile spread across his face. "Never in a million years. No, I just wanted to watch. Such a pity you can't find out the truth. Both Pan and Baelfire won't seem to give a straight answer. But my question is, why are you holding back?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You. You're too, how should I put it, compassionate; besides the whole 'Kill-Baelfire-' phase. You need to toughen up or you're never going to get the answers you want." Cale's face was partly hidden in the shadows, giving him a murderous appearance.

"Why should you care? You were the one who stabbed me in the back—the one who gave me The Star Fever. Why should I trust someone who had such a lust for violence?" My voice was low and challenging as I stood there with my feet rooted to the ground.

"I should be the one asking you that question. After all, Pan is no different."

Ignoring his statement, I question him again with a commanding tone. "I ask again, why do you care?"

A twisted smile spread across his face. "Well I've grown quite attached to you. Perhaps we can help each other. I tell you how to get that cuff off, and in exchange you resurrect me from the dead. We both know you're not going to get the truth until that cuff is taken off, and both your lover boys seem to be lying to you about what really happened all that time ago. So why not cheat your way out of the game? It's the only way you're ever going to find out what happened. What do you say? Do we have a deal?"