Star Dust

Chapter 8

*Solstice*

Baelfire's lips were soft but yet hungry. It almost felt natural they way our lips moved. But then my mind flooded me with screams—demanding me to stop kissing him. I listened.

I snapped my eyes open and shoved Bealifre away in a fit of rage. "How dare you!!" I bellowed in the night. "How dare you assault the Queen of the Stars!"

"Sol—" he began, but I instantly cut him off.

"You're pretty sly, trying to seduce me. It won't work! I got to admit I almost fell for it."

"Fell for what?" Bealifre blurted; "Sol, what did Pan do to you? Why didn't true loves kiss work? Don't tell me you—"

I raised my eyebrow as he stopped mid sentence. "What? That I never loved you? That I love Peter instead?" A chuckled escaped my lips. "Of course you're right. I used to love you but I no longer do. I now see how blinded I was by you're pretty face and you're admiring words—but no longer will I be a slave to you!"

Anger danced within Baelfire's dark eyes. "He did this to you to get back at me. Didn't he!? He stole you away from me just so he could have the satisfaction of tearing my life apart! I'll kill Pan!"

"You won't be killing anyone." I glared at him. "Oh no, I will be the one who will be doing the killing."

I fished out a little brown bag which was tucked around my belt and opened it up. I grabbed a handful of sparkling grey dust. It was Star Dust.

"I'll see you soon Baelfire." Without another word, I blew the Star Dust in his face.

His eyes widened as he inhaled the dust. He began to cough, something horse and rough sounding.

"Wha—" he couldn't finished. He crumbled to the ground. His breathing became ragged as he fought to stay awake. But it was no use, Star Dust comes without fail. Baelfire's eyes slowly started to shut as his breaths became smaller and quieter. In the next moment later, he drifted off into a deep slumber.

I crouched down to were he laid and whispered in his ear even though I knew he couldn't hear me. "Don't worry Baelfire," I kept my voice low and calm, "I'm not going to kill you, yet."

.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.+**+.

*Peter Pan*

Wind skidded across the green grass as the trees whispered amongst themselves. The water of the ocean crashed against rocks as the clouds rolled lazily along the sky.

I sat at Dead Man's Peak viewing the forest from a far. I was proud of everything I had accomplished already since the Star left. It had been 1,403 days since Solstice left and I already expanded The Lost Boy's count. There were now twenty five new Lost Boy's. There used to be many more but they weren't very cooperative, so let's say I had to take care of them.

Even though The Truest Believer hasn't been born yet, I still knew what my plan was going to be in order to capture him. Everything seemed to be perfect, yet nothing felt right anymore. Ever since Solstice left I've felt nothing but grief. The only way to keep my mind off of it was to keep myself busy with my plans. I knew I would never see her again—ever. If only she hadn't tried to kill herself with poison, then this never would have happened. I never should've left her alone knowing what mental condition she was in.
But at least now she's no longer depressed. She is now a feared Queen in the sky and is now looking for revenge against the boy who broke her heart—Baelfire.

Oh yes, I've been keeping my eyes on her. Watching her somehow makes me feel less lonely.

"Pan?" A voice came from behind me. I didn't need to turn around to know who it was. "What is it Felix."

"It's that rug rat Ivan. He's gettin' himself into more trouble again."

I rolled my eyes. I turned to Felix and glared at him; "why didn't you stop him then?"

"I think he'll listen to you. You are more—" he paused for a moment as if to think of the right word to say. "Persuasive"

Ivan came to Neverland right after Solstice left. He was very loyal but had an attitude about everything. He always had words to say even when they weren't needed. He was the new Cale of the group, except Ivan was smarter and knew when to back down. I'm considering Ivan for third in command next to Felix, but if he keeps picking fights and disrespecting my rules then I'll have to choose someone else.

"What did he do this time." I asked with an uninterested tone.

"He's pickin' a fight again. I believe it has something to do with the girl."

My expression darkened. "Well, let's go have some fun then shall we." I walked past Felix and down the peak.

When I reached the prison sight Felix wasn't too far behind me. I saw a group of boys forming a circle around two other boys. One was Ivan and the other was Archer—one of Sol's friends until she left.

"I said piss off!" Ivan shouted at Archer. "This doesn't concern you."

Archer's eyes burned with hatred; "you're not touching her! Do you hear!? You have no right!"

Obviously amused, Ivan raised his eyebrows. "Oh yeah? And who's going to stop me, you?" Ivan got up in Archer's face but Archer didn't back down. Instead, he whipped out a small dagger and pointed it at Ivan's throat.

"If you touch Wendy I swear I will kill you. Do you understand me?"

Ivan's mouth twitched like he was trying to conceal something, but then he shrugged and rolled his hazel eyes. "Whatever. Have it your own way." He glared at Archer who glared right back at him. Ivan smirked and stalked away from the cages and back with his group of friends.

Ever since Sol and Baelfire left Archer has become edgy and ready to stick up for his friends whenever they needed it. He's become more determined to protect and defend since he couldn't save Sol or Baelfire. Archer's been stricken with grief at the loss of his friends— he believed me when I said they were both dead. How stupid of him.

"Well looks like I wasn't needed here after all." I stated plainly.

Archer turned to look at me but shook his head and walked back toward to cages. He knelt down and whispered through the bars of the cage to the prisoner inside.

"It's okay Wendy." Archer whispered, "you're safe now."

"This is was no fun at all. Let's play a game shall we?" I said to no one in particular. I walked over to a large rock and stood on top of it. "Come one boys!" I yelled out to them.

The group of Lost Boy's gathered around waiting for me to speak. I looked at each one of them as I spoke; "looks like you had some fun without me. You're already pumped with that little fight, so let's have another game shall we? Head to the training ground. The games are about to begin."