Threats and Wispers

Chapter 3

*Solstice*

Screams. That's all I heard anymore were screams from the old man. He was being interrogated and apparently he wouldn't give Baelfire up. The question was why though.

Once I couldn't handle the noise anymore, I told the guards who were doing the interrogation that I was leaving the dungeon, and to report to me when the man talked. They nodded and bowed as I existed the cell.

Once I got to my chambers, I began to think more about my time on Neverland. I couldn't understand why some of those memories were gone. I couldn't remember everything.

I sat down gracefully on my bed as I thought; 'I remember Peter Pan when I first met him. He was kind to me. I remember when he kissed me and how I felt. I remember Baelfire... With his monstrous evil acts, letting arrows be shot at me, letting me believe I was someone he cared about. I remember how he intentionally brought Wendy to Neverland just so he could put a wedge in between Peter and I. H-How he killed Shine... He tore out her heart.'

I shot up and angrily wiped the tears from my eyes. I didn't need this right now. All I needed was to find Baelfire and destroy him.

"Good thinking star." Cale popped into my thoughts with his conniving voice. "Too bad you can't remember."

I raised my eyebrow, "remember what exactly? Oh don't worry, I know exactly who you are and I'm going to get you out of my head."

Then I heard Cale's chuckle from across the room. I hastily looked back over my shoulder and saw a bloodied blonde boy standing in the corner. I zipped back, my heart beating a million miles a minute.

"Aw don't be afraid star." His smirk widened at my horrified expression. "It's just me." He held out his hands indicating that he was real.

"How are you here!?" I demanded, "you're supposed to be dead!"

Cale chuckled. "I am dead. But I'm alive inside your head. Just as I was before, except I wasn't visible."

My eyes narrowed, "so why decide to show yourself now?" I examined Cale; he looked the same way when he died. His blonde hair stained red with blood, a nasty gash written across his forehead, and his evil smile plastered on his face.

"Because you need me in this way right now." Cake answered smoothly.

I twisted my eyebrows together. "What the shards are you talking about? I don't need you, so stop acting like I do. Ever since I went to Neverland you've done nothing but antagonize me and brutality harass me. Now leave."

Cale let out a sharp laugh; "oh come now star. Don't be like that. You do need me, and you know why? Because I'm the darkness inside you."

I swallowed hard. "I don't have any darkness within me. I'm a Blue Star, they do not become corrupt."

Another fit of laughter came from Cale. "You really don't get it. You're already evil. You already have darkness inside. You want to kill Baelfire, right? Well that's the darkness talking. That's me talking."

I knotted my eyebrows together. I didn't want to end up like Cale, but I so desperately wanted revenge. I had to make Baelfire pay for what he did to me. He took everything away from me. "Leave me alone Cale." I hissed at the figure standing in the corner of the room. Cale gave a cold hearted smirk before he vanished into thin air. I sighed with relief. I needed to get that old man to talk. Torture apparently wasn't working. But just then, an idea came into my mind.

I swirled around and headed for the dungeons where the screaming became antagonizing too listen to. I ordered the guard to open the cell door. It creaked open as I saw the bloodied man laying on a table. His restraints cut into his skin. Red marks stained his light skin, and blue and purple blotches were forming. Blood pooled around his body; I was surprised he hasn't been talking.

"That's enough." I ordered the guard who was doing the interrogation. "Please wait outside."

The guard bowed and went out of the cell and closed the door. I looked at the man, my eyes burning blue. I gave him a light smile. "I'm sorry for the things that they have done to you." I said as soothingly as I could. "You must be thirsty." After the man gave a slight nod. I went over to a pale of water and got a cup and let the man drink.

After he was finished, I took the cup away. It was time to start asking questions. "So tell me, what is your name?"

"Oliver." The man said in a raspy voice. Pain shot through his face as he spoke. I nodded and began to speak again, "okay, Oliver. How old are you?" I asked in an 'I'm-genuinely-curious-' type of tone. The man looked at me oddly as if trying to determine my motives. Finally he spoke; "I am sixty four, Your Majesty."

I nodded, "so, kids then? A wife perhaps? Or even some grand babies?"

The man swallowed hard, "I-I only have a daughter. Her mother, my wife, died five years ago from The Fever."

My heart felt like it just dropped into my stomach. I started to remember my times when I was sick with The Star Fever. It was horrific. No one should ever have to go through something like that. Not even— I stopped myself. I needed to stop thinking of my past. I took in a sharp breath; "how old is she? Your daughter."

"Thirteen, Your Majesty." The man looked like he was about to explode with worry.

"Cute. Oliver," I said more sternly than before, "why won't you tell me where Baelfire is?" I looked at him intensely. I wanted to see how long he'd last before I broke him. The man gulped but said nothing. I chuckled slightly; "You know, when I was on Neverland, I was taught that many things in life are games. Just like this. It's a game." My words must've scared Oliver because his eye widened and his breathing became rapid.

I was on the edge of smiling, but decided to keep a straight face. "Here's how the game is going to go. I ask you something, and you tell me the truth. If you don't tell me the truth, your daughter will pay the price."