Ready For A Fight

Chapter 28

*Solstice*

"Her name is TinkerBell." Peter Pan eyed me carefully with a slight twitch or his lips.

I rubbed my forehead, my anger starting to rise; "you have to stop kidnapping people, Pan!"

Pan raised his eyebrows as if surprised by my reaction. He seemed entertained; "you have to stop being so adorable."

My eyes widened with shock. My heart stopped for moment until picking up its pace. I diverted my eyes away, trying to tear away my feelings. Silence crept into the room, threatening to crush my chest.

After a minute, Pan seemed to let the conversation go. He shrugged his shoulders and spoke; "The fairy is in the prison cells next to Wendy's. You need to gain her trust and take the pixie dust."

"Alright, fine. What does the pixie dust do? How is it going to help me?"

Pan sighed; "The fun thing about pixie dust is you can do many things with it, which includes temporary restraint of The Dark One's magic. You will need a special squid ink to complete it. The squid ink will only keep the Dark One contained for a minute. With the pixie dust it could be days."

"You really believe it's going to take me days to get Pandora's Box?"

"You can never be too careful." He answered.

A little voice inside my head screamed at me that he was holding something back. He didn't want me to know something, but what was it?

"Solstice." A shrill voice suddenly appeared. I looked past Pan and saw Cale's blood-dipped hair, his scar carved across his forehead, and his icy blue eyes—sharp as daggers.

I glanced back at Pan and saw him stiffen. His head fell for a moment, his expression hidden in shadows. After a moment of silence from all of us, Pan's head was raised, a smile plastered on his face. He turned around to face the ghost; "Nice of you to join us, Cale."

Stunned, I stood there; my feet planted on the floor. "Y-You can see him too?"

"Of course I can. Demons can always see another." His eyes sharpened; "well Cale, you're never going to leave my property alone, even in death."

Cale's face was stone; no emotion. "Haha Peter Pan always a comedian. Always playing games. She's not yours. She shouldn't do what you say."

"And she should do what you say? Yes, I know of your offer to remove Sol's cuff in exchange for your life. Too bad it cannot be done." Pan looked at Cale with a smug expression.

Cale's lips twitched. "Actually, it can be done. You just don't know where to look."

Pan didn't say anything for a moment. He walked closer to Cale, never taking his eye off of him. "Get out of her head. Your body may have died, but your spirit still lives. And if you don't stay away from her, your spirit will die as well." With that, he waved his hand through Cale, causing the blonde boy to vanish into thin air.

Pan turned back to me, looking at me sternly; "Do not listen to him. Do not speak to him. He's trying to control you—keep you away from me."

I swallowed hard and nodded; "alright. I won't." I closed my eyes and sighed, "tell me how I gain TinkerBells trust."

"First break her out of the cell. That will give her a reason to trust you. But what you do from there, I don't care. Just get the pixie dust." He placed a silver key in my palm; a key to TinkerBell's prison cell.

I nodded.

Pan turned on his heel and walked out of his hut with heavy footsteps. As soon as the door slammed, my nerves began to settle. I did it. Somehow I managed to pull a fast one on Pan—or at least starting to.

I wasn't going to trust Pan. I wasn't that stupid. I knew the stories of Pandora's Box—the horrors. I wasn't going to let him take it. But I needed to make him think I'm going along with his plan. If I steal Pandora's Box from The Dark One, then give Pan a fake one, Pan would remove my cuff and release Baelfire from Neverland. My magic would be back along with my memories. Depending on what is contained in my memories, with my magic I could contain Pan, and destroy Neverland for good. No more kidnapping children from their families. No more nightmares—yet I still wasn't a hundred percent sure on my past. There is still a possibility Pan is the good guy but it seems unlikely.

Yet I felt sadness creep into my heart. Somehow I knew there was good in Pan. I didn't want to hurt him. He had two sides to him; he's two faced. His gift of the sunflower shows that. I glanced over to the yellow flower which fell on the ground. I picked it up and stared at it. This was the sweetest thing Peter has done for me. I shook my head, trying to free my thoughts of these confused feelings. I quickly set the flower on the bed, and turned around to the door, unknowingly knocking the flower to the floor.

Fresh air ruffled through my dark hair as I walked out the door, and into the the forest. I clutched the key in my hands, making sure not to lose it. My footsteps with soft under the uneven ground; silent yet unconcerned. Until I heard rustling of the leaves around me. I stopped—the hair on the back of my neck prickled; I slowly turned around to face a Lost Boy.

"So," the boy began, "you're Solstice. I have to admit I was in awe of you when I first heard the epic story of the escape of Neverland."

"And you are?" I raised my eyebrow slightly.

"I'm hurt. You haven't heard of me? They call me the new Cale. My name is Ivan."

I narrowed my eyes, "I wouldn't take that as a compliment. Cale was a bastard and a cheat. He still is." I muttered the last part with an eye-roll.

Ivan smiled; his teeth as white as pearls; "Oh believe me, I take it as a compliment."

I slowly nodded with wide eyes; my feet  sluggish as I  move backwards, my brain sending warning signals to stay away from this boy. "What do you want?"

"I want to see what the great Solstice is capable of." His hand moved to a sword handle clasped on his belt around his waist. He pulled it out; its long sharp edge glinted in the sunlight. He tossed the weapon at my feet; it clattered on the ground. I looked at it with shock. What did he expect me to do with it?

I bent down and wrapped my hand around the handle; it was cold to the touch. My eyes lingered on the steel until Ivan's voice appeared once again; "Let's see what you can do."

My gaze shot up to him; another sword appeared in his right hand, as if he wished for its existence. He lifted the weapon up, ready for a fight.