Chapter 4 - Ribs!

*Jessie's pov*

It took me 4 and three quarter hours to get down to Emma's house. She lives in the very south of South Wales and I forgot I had to pay toll to get into Wales. I got there eventually though and a young woman answered the door. "Hey! I'm looking for Emma. She's expecting me." This woman stared at me for a while. I really hope she didn't realise who I was. Another woman came to the door and said

"Rach, shouldn't you call Emma?"

"Huh? Oh yeah. EMMA! COME DOWN HERE A MIN!" The fist woman screamed

At first she came slowly down the stairs... Until she noticed that it was me so I braced my self yet I still nearly fell to the floor when she hugged me. Emma was surprised I actually came. That hurt me a bit but she doesn't really know me.

She introduced me to everyone who was there and said that I was her best friend outside of school. I found that strange. A normal person brags about meeting me. Ugh... I'm not big headed... But it's the truth. I was kinda grateful though.

Rachel eventually let me in and Emma dragged me upstairs to what I guess is her bedroom. Three of the walls are painted light blue and one wall is white. She's got all of the posters that my team and I have ever produced up on her wall along with Olly Murs, Tom Daley and Harry Potter. I found that strange though. Me... Looking at me from everywhere in the room. I started to feel a bit claustrophobic. Seriously Jess! They're just posters get a grip!

Emma must have noticed me looking at them because she came out with "Sorry. I can take them down if you want. It must be quite strange."

"I've never really thought about it. Don't worry about it I'll get used to it." I smiled

Emma offered me a place sitting on her bed and we both sat down on it. There was silence. It wasn't awkward though we were looking into each others eyes... They were gorgeous. I'm not sure which colour they were. A mixture of blues and green with a slight hint of grey. Her eyes told a million stories yet she was only... How old is she? Jess you are 25 don't do this to yourself!

"So Em, can I call you Em? How old are you?" I heard myself ask. It just came out.

"I'm 15 in September... Why?"

"Just wondering." I could feel myself blush. I couldn't be falling for a girl ten and a half years younger than me could I? Nope! No way!  "So what's actually happened today?"

With this question her wonderful smile faded. There was a moment before she spoke up.

"We'll this morning I found this note from my parents..." She started looking in her pockets, "wait here two secs and I'll go and get it."

I got up from her bed and went to have a look at her cd collection. Not some bad stuff on here. Obviously Who You Are by none other than yours truly, Bruno Mars Doo-Wops & Hooligans, Ed Sheeran +, Kate Nash Girl Talk, Olly Murs Right Place Right Time, Ellie Goulding Bright Lights, B.o.B B.o.B presents: The Adventures of Bobby Ray, Pixie Lott Turn it up and Now That's What I call music 52, 71, and then 78-85. Wow.

Emma retuned with a tatty piece of paper in her hand. It was only written this morning? She must have seen me with a puzzled face when I saw it, "I've read it a lot. I just don't understand how my dad could lie to me like that!" A tear fell down her cheek, I walked closer to Emma and wiped the tear away with my thumb. I took the letter from her and read it. Emma's parents have gone to commit suicide because they love her and are protecting her. It also says don't go to the police... That's a bit strange. I'd rather leave the country than commit suicide even if it was to protect my daughter...

"It's in my dads hand writing." She pointed out. I was going to ask her how she could tell but the more I thought about it the more I realised that I could tell the difference between my parents handwriting.

"So..." I chocked back a tear, "what actually happened?" I ask

"Rach said the police said that he killed her and tied a rope to her neck to make it look like suicide and then ran. He wasn't wearing gloves though and he left finger prints and that's how they know it was him." Emma gave up trying to hold the tears back now. So as she was falling to the floor I caught her and pulled her in for a hug.

Worst mistake ever. Why is this happening to me? She's fourteen for fucks sake! There was definitely something there. A spark as we hugged so I pulled her in tighter and she sobbed all the fluid out of her system.

*Emma's pov*

I was staring into her emerald green eyes. B E A utiful. I got lost in them reading them. Learning about her life. I got pulled out of my thought though when Jess asks me "So Em, can I call you Em? How old are you?"

I answer her question and go and get the note from my blazer pocket. I returned and told her everything that had happened to my mum and what the police said. After this I couldn't hold it in anymore. The tears from Elys kicking me to her hearts content and my dad murdering my mum and the same thing happened to Lucy! I felt my knees buckle, but I didn't hit the floor. Instead I was hit with the smell of strawberries and almonds as I felt Jess' arms wrap around me and something clicked. Yes I was still crying, nothing could stop that but this made it easier. I was able to be myself not to be ashamed of crying. I trusted her and felt a spark between us. She must have felt it too because she pulled me in tighter and I took a sharp breath in "fuck! That hurts." I let out

"Em, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It's not your fault." I quickly made that clear because she is the most sensitive and caring person I have ever ever met. I love her. I can't love her. She's ten and a half years older than me! Mum and dad were ten years apart though.... Yeah and look where that got them! I started crying again.

"Em, where does it hurt?"

"My ribs." I didn't want to tell anyone but I had to tell someone and how could I lie to Jess?

Jessie hesitantly and careful lifted up my shirt. I looked up and saw a tear fall from her eye. I hadn't actually seen it myself so I had no idea how bad it was.

"Can I feel them... Your ribs I mean... Not... you know." I nodded not being able to say anything. When she was feeling them though... The sparks that flew from them. It took the pain away. I smiled. "Nothing seems broken." Jess brought me out of my thoughts. She was smiling too! Did she feel the connection? "They still need to be checked out by a professional though."

My smile faded. So did Jess's. "Come with me?"

"Of course I will!" Jess replied

"Don't tell Rach though..." I was cut off by my door being opened by Lucy. That was lucky, it could have been Rachel.

"What the hell is going on here." That's when I realised that the way we are positioned must have looked strange. Especially cos Lucy knows that I'm bi. Awkward. Jess was on her knees, I was holding my shirt up and Jess was holding my extremly bruised ribs. I looked at Jess who went a bright red colour.

"It's not what it looks like!" I promised

"No it's not." Jess added and jumped up.

Lucy came over to me and lifted my shirt up. "Is this why you took so long in the toilets earlier?"

"Maybe... You can't tell Rach though! Where is she?"

"She's gone out. I knew somthing was wrong. Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"It's harder than you think." I admitted

"It looks like you always have people you can trust around you." Jess added.

"I need to deal with this by myself." They both had expressions on their faces like 'what the fuck?', "I need to prove to them that I'm not week and I don't give a shit about what people think about me. I am who I am. Whether I'm straight or not!" I see Jess smile and that makes me smile. "Me and Jess were just about to go to the hospital, so if you don't mind..."

"It's okay. I'll tell Rach that you've just gone out for a bit. You need to tell her though."

"No I don't. Not yet anyway." I replied and walked past her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thanks for reading again! I do apologise that this story is quite sad but it does get happier! As always feedback is always welcome :D