Chapter 5 - This is Wild

*Jessie's Pov*

Lucy walked in on me and Emma when I was checking out her ribs. That was so awkward. When I found out that Emma wasn't straight , I couldn't help but smile. Jess seriously! You can't it won't be good for you or Emma.

Once we got in the car I needed to learn more about Emma.

"So you're not straight?"

"Nope! I'm bisexual and proud. You've taught me to always be who I am and not let anyone get you down. So that's what I'm doing. I am who I am and if people give me hate, they can give me hate. Opinions aren't facts so I take them in and let them go." Emma smiled, so did I. I love that song (Champion by Chipmunk and Chris Brown) and I love her smile.

"Your family... do they accept people like us?" I asked I know it's a touchy subject so I was being careful.

"I don't know. That's why I don't want to tell Rach. I knew my parents view on gay people weren't too good... But I thought it might change because I was their daughter..." She trailed off

"What about Rach?" I ventured

"I'm not sure... I know her parents my aunty and uncle are extremely religious so I'm honestly not sure. I know she's entitled to her own opinion but family influences a lot."

"Well you've always got me and my family to fall back on if you need to."

"Thanks Jess... You're a real life saviour."

"Yeah I've heard... So are you in a relationship at the moment?" There was silence. I was worried that I'd taken it to far until Emma spoke up

"No... Not anymore..." I saw a tear fall down her rosy cheeks . We were at a red light so I wiped it from her face.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked concerned she shook her head and left it at that.

*Emma's pov*

Jess was asking me questions in the car about who I was as a person. I was confident until she started asking if my family would accept me. And to be honest I don't think they will. Jess cheered me up by saying that I had her and her family to fall back on. I was so grateful. However she then asked me about Harrison, my ex. We were still fresh, we only split two weeks ago, just before I came out. I still love him and it hurts whenever I talk to him or about him...

We drove the rest of the way in silence and I was holding my tears back as much as possible but as we drove into the car park they just came flooding out. Jess pulled me into another hug but that just reduced me to more tears because it hurt so much. It felt like being stabbed in the chest.

Jess got out of the car and carried me to the desk. It started hurting for me to breathe now and my crying wasn't helping anything.

They took me for several scans and concluded that I have broken nearly all of my ribs and one has punctured my left lung. I started hyperventilating at this and blacked out.

*Jessie's pov*

I carried Emma to the desk, she was struggling to breathe and it was getting worse because I hugged her. It's all my fault! Fuck.

I hate hospitals. It reminds me of when I was a kid and when I first started to go through puberty... I have an irregular heart beat and doctors where poking and prodding me, not to mention sticking wires into my heart. I was on beta blockers then for a while and it turned my skin green... That lyric: 'Hey Jessica, you look like an alien. With green skin you don't fit in this play pen'? Yeah well it's true. I was bullied when I was a kid and I know most kids are and when I look back now it's not a big deal. Bit it did really used to hurt me. But I am who I am and if they don't like it they can stuff it where the sun don't shine.

The hours slowly went by. As I was waiting for them to finish doing their work on Emma. Emma finally came in at 9:30. The doctors said that she should come round soon, they said I should talk to her because she could hear me. I didn't talk I sang...

An hour had passed and I'd sung all my songs from 'Who you are' as well as 'Up' that I sang with James Morrison, 'Repeat' that I sang with David Guetta, 'Remember Me' that I sang with Daley, 'Silver Linings', 'Sexy Silk', 'Technology' and 'Without You', I was running out of songs to sing and even though I didn't know it to well I sang 'Wild'. It has only been out for a short time and it got to number 4 on the iTunes chart with no promo or radio play! I love my Heartbeats.

'If I go hard let me tell you that it's worth it,

Play the right cards I I ain't afraid to work it.

Brush em right off when they say I don't deserve it.

Hands to my heart you you keep my fire burning.

Oh it feels so crazy when you scream my name.

Love it when you rock me over every day.

When I think about it I could go insane.

Here we are it's beautiful I'm blown away.

If this is a dream won't open my eyes.

Am I asleep? No I'm alive.

I just can't believe that this is my life.

In my fantasy we're running wild.

If this is a dream won't open my eyes.

Am I asleep? No I'm alive.

I just can't believe that this is my life.

In my fantasy we're running wild.

When it get rough and the rain starts pouring,

I turn up the heat cos the drama ain't important.

Let em all talk talk,

I'ma just ignore it.

Hands to my heart,

You you keep me moving forward.

Oh it feels so crazy when you scream my name...' I pause cos I'm crap at rapping but just as I was about to start I hear

'B.I.G Sean. Don. Okay?' Emma had woken up!

'Today I woke up feeling like the mayor,

I spend about an hour looking in the mirror.

As I should, as much as I've been through,

It a wonder I look this damn good.

I can probably make it out any situation that you try to put me into,

If I swim with the piranhas, I can guarantee that I'ma probably have a fish dinner.

I met a young girl with a sexy shape.

Like Jessie J, we escapade

Where it's extra shape.

She make me wanna give and not take,

Like collection plates.

Wow!

All the awards, bras, cars, wall to wall, it's all a mirage.

And I could lose it all tonight just to show the world I can do it twice.

This is my life.' She finished breathing heavily. I just stared at her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. Feedback is appreciated :)