On top of the world.

*Its winter break now, starting at Jackie's house*

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I turn around in my bed and look at Bill. I watched as he breathes. I lay my head on his chest. I can hear his heart beat. The sound made me feel calm. I turn my head and look up at his face. He opens his eyes.

In a morning voice, he says, "Morning beautiful."

"Morning baby."

He kisses my forehead. As he is laying down, I could see the blanket standing up.

"I guess Billaconda is awake to." I smile and laugh "Should I do something about that?" winking at him.

He nods his head and laughs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"hmm, sweetie how are you feeling?" he asks.

"Well, after that, a little pain but I feel good."

"Cause I know that last few months, you've been sad. I just want to make sure you're good."

"yea i'm fine, thanks baby."

"how about we go shopping today? We haven't been in a while, just the two of us?" he suggests

"I would love to."

 We jumped out of bed and got ready. We went down to the car and drove away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we got done with shopping, I was looking at all the different buildings.. Then, I saw the one. The one building that would be my escape place. It wasn't too high or too low. It's was perfect. I whispered to myself, "tonight"

"What did you say sweetie?"

"Oh nothing Baby."

I smiled and kept to myself the rest of the way home.

~~~~

When we got home, Bill and I put all the stuff we brought on the floor, by the wall. I went down the hall to see Ebony and Tom.

"Hey Ebony, could I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure." 

She got up from the bed and we went outside and took a walk.

"I don't want anybody to know about this yet." I said

"Know about what?"

"As you know, i've been a little depressed these last few months, well last night I thought to myself that I need a place to escape everything. Not forever but just to release all my feelings. When Bill and I were driving back home, I found a building that would be perfect. It's not too high and not too low either. It's the perfect roof to just sit on top of and just escape."

"ok cool. But why are you telling me this?"

"Well, I don't want to tell anyone yet, because I know my parents will probably say no, and I don't want anyone to worry of where I am. As long as you know where I am, everything should be fine. Please don't tell anyone where i'm going to be at. Not yet anyway."

"I will try my best."

"Thanks Ebony."

"you're welcome. Now can  we go back home? It's freezing out here."

"of course."

 As we quickly walked home, I told her the where the building was. When we got home, we ate dinner. Then we cuddled with our men in bed until we feel asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Middle of the night. I  put on my jeans, jacket and boots. I grabbed my phone and left the house. I started walking  to the building. Each step, I felt colder colder air blowing on my face, through my hair. 

 When I got to the building, I went in the elevator and pressed 'roof'.  Once up there, I looked over the edge..... I stepped back and let my feet dangle over the edge.

As the minutes went by, I could see a crowd of people looking up at me. Sometimes I could them say, "Omg, will she actually jump?"

I got so many calls from my parents and Bill. I ignored them all. This was my time to escape from them.

After an hour an a half, I stood up. Feeling great. Better than I have ever felt these past months. Looking over the edge one more time. As i'm about to step back, I hear the roof door fly open. I turned around and saw Bill standing there. He quickly ran to me, grabbed me and took me far away from the edge.

"Jackie!!! I was so worried about you!!! Why would you just leave like that?" He said in a worried voice as he was hugging me.

"I- I ju-just needed a place to escape.. To release my feelings. This is the perfect spot."

"Why were you so close to the edge?"

"Just wanted to know what it felt like. You know, the person to be "On the edge" and having someone come save me and telling me "Don't jump".

"This isn't funny Jackie."

"I know i'm sorry. I thought I could help you feel better.. I guess not.. How did you find me anyway?"

"Well, I got up to use the bathroom and when I went back to your room, you weren't there. I check all over the house and I couldn't find you. So I woke up Ebony and was trying to make her tell me where you were. She is hard to crack, it took me and hour to get it out of her."

"Did you tell my parents?"

"Yea, they drove me here to get you."

Bill picked me up and carried me down. When we got down, there was still that crowd of people waiting there.

"I wasn't actually going to jump." I said

They walked away. My parents were sitting in the car, waiting for us. I sat in the back with Bill, holding him around his waist the whole time.

"What on earth were you thinking Jackie?!" My dad yells

"I wanted a a place where I could escape. To release any feelings I was having. Is that a big deal?"

"No, but it is if we don't know where you are. Don't you ever do that again!"

"Ok, i'm sorry."

The rest of the way home, was silent.

When we got home, I took my clothes off and layed on my bed. Not even trying to sleep. I got a text from Ebony saying that her semester is over here and she has to leave tomorrow. I walked over to her room and sat next to her.

"Tomorrow, we will spend every second together." she said

"of course."

I gave her one last hug (for now) and went back to my room. I told Bill. Unfortunately, he said that him and Tom have to leave tomorrow to. For their European tour.

"I guess tomorrow will be a double date." I say

"I guess so."

He kisses me. "I love you sweetie."

"yea.. I love you baby."

We fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------