Chapter 6: The Girl

"Sam! Godammit, Sammy! Listen to me!" Dean shrieked, storming out of the house and down into the seemingly endless yard of old cars. The gravel beneath his feet was being tossed up into clouds of dust as he ran.  Sam hesitated, and finally he stopped and turned back to Dean.

"If you wanted to be alone, you could have told me."  He said in a hard, quiet voice.

Sam's jaw was clenched tightly, and he was watching Dean with gaurded hazel eyes. They lacked his typical warmth, which set unease spiking through Dean's veins. 

"Sammy, I just got back from hell.  Why would I want to be alone?" Dean said, dodging narrowly around the question. He wasn't going to talk about this weird thing with Castiel. It was... So unlike Dean. And frankly, it weirded the shit out of him. It had to have come with his dumb demonic powers. Anything else was out of the question. 

"Dean, dont pretend I didn't see you back there. What I don't get is... Castiel? This angel we met, what, a few days ago? Man, we don't even know if he's actually an Angel. For all we know he could be another demon that's trying to mess with your head!" Sam huffed. His eyes dropped their harsh gaurds and crumbled into a frantic, angry mess. "I just don't want him taking you away from me." 

Those last words struck Dean deeply, hitting and arising his last shred of humanity for a fleeting moment before the darkness inside him boiled over in a sudden anger. Dean shook his head, dropping his eyes and sighed. He needed to keep Sam on his side. Sam was one of the most dangerous hunters in the world, and on top of that, he still probably had his weird demon mojo. And no doubt if it came to it, he would use it on Dean. He was going to need to convince him that Dean was still a good little soilder.

"Sam.... Don't ever think that." He said, adding just a touch of sadness and hurt to his tone. "There is nothing I'd ever choose over you, you know that. There's nothing between me and him, okay Sam? Nothing." 

The man across from his nodded and ran a hand through his long hair. 

"I know, Dean. I just wonder about you. I keep forgetting what you've become..." 

"Sam-"

"No, it's okay. I better get back to Bobby anyway. He just wanted me to check that you hadn't killed anyone... I-I'll see you 'round"

With that, Sam turned and headed off towards the sound of a roaring engine. His form slipped away through the clouds of dust, and finally once he was out of Dean's sight, the demon headed back towards the house where Castiel waited. Suddenly, all thoughts of Sam were erased from Deans mind as the angel flooded his thoughts. 

There was just something about him, Dean thought, that was so alluring. So intimidating and exhilirating. Dean had never once before considered the thought of being with a guy. Hell, if he were in a normal circumstance he would have immediately laughed off his feelings, or ignored them all together. He'd pass them off as curiousity. He wasn't quite sure, but he knew what this Castiel did to him was something beyond all that. Maybe it was the fact that he saved Dean's ass from Hell... The thought of Castiel's bright, white form rentered his mind, filling it with his glowing strength, his goodness, his compassion and the overpowering emotions that he so obviously carried with him, although they were masked with his vessel. 

"Dean?" a grave, raspy voice pulled him from his thoughts, and Dean blinked. He was standing in the doorway of the kitchen, looking blankly out into space. Before him stood Castiel, pink lips glistening with the grease of their burgers, and his eyes widened into a curious, lustful gaze. Dean cleared his throat. 

"Hey, Cas." He winked, recovering his cocky outershell as he stepped inside, closing the back door behind him. 

"How is your brother? I hope I did not offend him in any way." Castiel said, walking towards Dean. The demon shook his head.