Chapter 7: Orders

Castiel didn't look back as he took off, leaving Dean standing alone in the alley way. No doubt, after that girl's attack, Dean would head back to Bobby's where he could lay low, for which Castiel was grateful. Although, he wasn't quite sure where he should go. He wouldn't do any good back at Bobby's, and frankly Castiel was a bit afraid that he would loose control of himself. Dean Winchester did things to him. 

It didn't take long for the angel to decide that he should probably report back to Michael, seeing as his older brother was probably starting to get suspicious. Did he already know about Dean? Was he watching Castiel right now? Worried thoughts spun sickeningly around Castiel's head. It was too late for him to chicken out. Michael was fierce, and Castiel definitely did not want to upset him further. So, It was with a troubled mind that Castiel made him way back to Heaven. 

~~~

When that godamn Angel disappeared, Dean nearly lost it. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU'LL FIX IT?!" He screamed at the sky, green eyes searching his surroundings frantically.

"CASTIEL?!" 

The echoes of his shouts were tossed about the alleyway, bouncing back to Dean in small waves of his own voice. Once they cleared, the air was silent. It weighed heavily down on Dean, and he struggled to calm his anger and confusion. He hated the way that angel talked to him, he hated all the way every fucking thing that looked at him, looked at him with disgust. He hated who he had become, and even more than that, he hated who he had the potiental to be. Everything Dean had prided himself on had just been ripped out of his hands. No longer was he the hero, The hunter, the great Dean Winchester. Now, all he was was another supernatural freak. Another monster to gank. Dean dropped to his knees beside the girl's body and his his face in his hands. He couldn't even save this poor girl, which further proved his point. At this moment, Dean felt absolutely, horribly alone. All his arrogance had vanished, leaving him as the broken shell of a man he really was. 

In a sudden fit of anger and desperation, Dean slammed his head down against the concrete. He didn't deserve to be healthy. He didn't deserve to be okay. Dean needed to be hurt, and if no one else was going to do it, then he would do it himself. It wasn't until blood began to pool in his eyes that Dean realized he was still bashing his head against the street. His head was swimming, beaten beyond pain. He slid his jacket sleeve up, covering his palm, and pressed it against his forehead to stop the flow of blood. The edges of his vision grew hazy, and the last thing Dean remembered before the world slipped away was the sound of Castiels voice. 

I will fix this, Righteous Man. I promise.

~~~

When Castiel arrived in Heaven, he wasn't surprised to see Michael awaiting him. 

"Castiel. I knew you'd come back." He smiled, hands wrapped tightly around one another behind his back. He looked down on Castiel with disdain, and his wings were outstretched behind him. Castiel dropped his gaze, and let his own wings fold themselves away onto his back. 

"Michael." He nodded, blue eyes pinned upon his feet. He couldn't meet his brothers eyes, not after all he had done. 

"So, how is Dean Winchester?" Michael asked. "I hope he hasn't gotten himself in any trouble." 

His gaze hardened on Castiel, and finally, something inside the younger angel snapped. He flicked his eyes up and set his shoulders back. Behind him, his wings unfurled themselves and fluttered up, mimicking the position Michael set his own in. 

"He's fine." Castiel clipped the words off, glaring heatedly up at his brother. He had enough with this attitude all the other angels seemed to carry with them, and he wasn't up for taking any more of it. So, his siblings said he had too much heart? Well, they were damn right he did.