Chapter 14

**AN: Sorry for not updating in forever. I've been busy with school and everything, plus I have major writers block. This chapter is kind of short and incomplete, but it's what I could get done. Sorry!**

Everything around Castiel was beginning to click into place in his mind. 

His life, his job, and himself. It all made sense now. Those doubts he carried no longer itched at the back of his mind, like a bug bite just out of reach. He was a soilder, and he was built to serve god, no one else. Especially not Dean Winchester. If a command was ordered, he would follow it. Simple. 

That was exactly why Castiel was slashing out at a warm body with his angel blade, eyes unmoving and mind unthinking. He was given a command, and he would follow it. There was no pain anymore, no confusion and no self-doubt. God was just, and his orders must be followed without question. Castiel wasn't built to think independantly or to really feel.

Eventually, the movement of Castiel's arm slowed until it stilled completely. The air was silent besides the last, dying gasps of the human, filling Castiel with a distant yet potent sense of unease. It was probably nothing. Maybe he was sensing trouble in another garrison, or maybe on earth. As he pushed the thoughts away, Castiel let the now still body in his hands slide down to the floor, slick yet sticky with blood, sweat and most likely tears. Humans were so messy. 

"Well done, Castiel." A grave, but pleased voice loomed in behind him, and soon after a gentle hand was placed upon his shoulder. He didn't blink. 

"I think we almost have you fixed." Stepping in around from Castiel, Naomi looked down on the body of Dean Winchester with a look that he could only interprete as disgust, and walked over it, along with the other thousands of bloodied, broken bodies of the man he once loved. The angel was certain the next time he had to tear Dean apart, it would be the real thing. The real Dean, and not one of these immitations. 

The only thing Castiel could feel was numbness. 

~~~

Dean was just... Pissed. 

How long had these sons of bitches kept him trapped in this goddamn circle? Days? It was getting ridiculous. The mustard coloured walls were growing very dull, and Dean would give anything to be able to use his sweet demon mojo to switch on the tv, or the radio. Anything

"Guys..." Dean groaned, sprawled out on the floor. He didn't really feel like doing much. His body was heavy and tired with laziness, so Dean took this time to enjoy some relaxation. 

"Guys!" 

There was no response but the faint echoe of his words against the crummy walls of the motel. How strange, that this place had seemed so beautiful when he and Cas had been here together. Maybe it was just the Angel's radiance bursting through, or maybe.. Maybe life wasn't really beautiful without Cas. 

Woah, Dean. What the fuck. Total chick flick moment here. Dean stopped himself, and almost laughed aloud at his thoughts. He was being such a fucking pansie. Cas wasn't his issue right now, though deep down Dean couldn't deny the ache that burnt through his chest everytime Castiel was away. It would start with an itch - a sort of "I wonder what Cas is up to", and slowly progress in longing, and from there to heart ache. 

He makes you human...  Dean's mind whispered to him. 

What? No. Dean wasn't human. Human's were weak. 

He makes you stronger...

How would being with a guy make him stronger? Cas was a stress reliever, that's all. Dean still refused to think of himself as gay.