løvely ↠ chapter xiii

a/n: just wanted to let you guys know again how much i genuinely love you!!

-------

//n

"mr. joseph, i hope to see you back next week."

tyler said goodbye to the therapist the hospital had given to him and walked out to the waiting room, where josh was. josh stood up and the two walked out to josh's car, both sighing.

"was it okay?"

"i don't know, josh," tyler answered, biting his lip. "i don't know."

"i'm sorry," josh replied, starting the car.

"i feel like maybe i just won't get better. that sounds really emo," tyler laughed weakly.

"tyler, everyone can, i--"

"not everyone deserves to."

silence.

silence.

"but you do."

//j

it was a few days later, and my friend patrick invited me to a party at his house. i forgot to ask him if i could bring tyler, but then again, i doubted patrick would really care. i told tyler we could both go, and he shook a bit.

he's so nervous.

he's so cute.

he obsesses a bit over what to wear, and i assure him his plain black clothes are good enough. to be honest, tyler looks good in anything. he settles on a blink-182 tee and skinny jeans, fully aware of just how stereotypical he is.

we get there a bit early, and a fedora-wearing patrick runs up to us as soon as we arrive, holding a beer and smiling ear to ear.

"oh my god, hi!" he says, shaking my hand. "how've you -- oh! who're you?" he gets distracted, staring at tyler, who's hiding behind me.

"i'm t-tyler," he stutters a bit.

"well, i'm patrick, and it's nice to meet you," he replies, giving him a handshake too.