heard yøur vøice, there's nø chøice ↠ chapter xvi

a/n: hey guys! sorry sorry sorry for disappearing forever. life's been tough.

-------

//t

"hey man, are you alright? you seem to be flipping out a little there," brendon said, his voice resonating like a laugh but his eyes serious as stone.

"n-no, i don't--i'm just nervous, and josh dragged me here, which isn't his fault or anything--i just--i don't know anyone," tyler almost threw up the words and collapsed onto a sofa.

"it's fine. i've been there. we can just hang out, if you want."

"thanks."

"no problem, man."

//j

my mind was spinning a little with streaks of orange, but at that moment, i had to find tyler. it was more than a little dumb to just leave him there ...

i half-walked, half-ran around patrick's house trying to find tyler or brendon. mostly, i was looking for brendon, because the man was hard to miss. he never talked; he yelled. he never walked; he stomped unless he was trying to sneak up on you. then he was a near-ninja.

none of that applied, though. finally i decided to check the basement, although with how dark it was, it was either the type of place tyler would hate or love.

//n

josh walked down the steps, glancing around to eventually see tyler shaking and brendon cradling him.

and, strangely enough, he felt jealous.